DL Smith Electric, Inc.Job Title:
Assistant Project ManagerJob Classification:
Topeka, KS - on-site at DL Smith Electric officeSalary:
$39,000-$60,000 annually, dependent on skill level and experienceAbout us
DL Smith Electric, Inc. is an established full-service electrical contractor operating since 1972. We perform all types of new electrical construction, remodels, repairs, and service work within Northeast Kansas and throughout the Midwest. We have a long history within Commercial, Hospital, Manufacturing, Food Industry, Heavy Power, Institutional, Water & Wasterwater, Renewable Energy markets. We focus on team-oriented approaches, expect excellence personally and from others, always seek innovative solutions, accountable, and are relationship driven.GENERAL PURPOSE
Works with the Project Managers, this position is responsible for keeping projects organized and running smoothly. This includes compiling, tracking and dispensing of information, providing assistance with administrative tasks, and working with field leaders and clients, alongside the Project Managers. The Assistant Project Manager manages the internal processes and procedures of project management, while assisting Project Managers on the external client pieces.ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
MARGINIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the internal project communication and project management to keep projects organized and running on time.
- Assists the Project Managers, working with clients, by coordinating the external project communications, including: flow of paperwork associated with projects from obtaining permits and coordinating as-builts to uploading submittals and maintenance manuals to getting shop drawings to the approver.
- Organizes project meetings and attends client events in the absence of the Project Managers.
- Manages the internal pre-planning meetings, pre-bid and job bid meetings, as well as various ad-hoc meetings. And, will assist the Project Manager, for the external client relationship, in support of those items.
- Assists in preparing project estimates, schedule of values, change orders, project take-offs and close-outs. Then manages the processes that work directly with the internal DL Smith team.
- Serves as an additional point of contact for field leaders, clients, and vendors, to meet project needs.
- Consults and provides suggestions to management and the executive team on changes and updates to internal processes to increase efficiencies, at DL Smith.
NATURE OF WORK CONTACTS
- Performs other functions as necessary or as assigned.
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Interacts and communicates in a professional and effective manner with all levels of employees, management, executives, vendors, customers and external partners.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required. Associates or Bachelors, preferred.
- Requires 1-3 years of relevant experience, or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the desired knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- A background in construction, estimating, or project work preferred.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees, management, executives, vendors, customers and external partners.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs (especially Excel) and have the ability to learn new software applications and computer programs associated with construction.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and organize the workload to handle multiple priorities and simultaneously meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain a reliable and dependable attendance record.
- Possess and maintain a valid drivers license and be able to travel to job sites and outside locations for meetings.
- Work is generally performed in an office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: sit for long periods of time; use computer to enter data; use telephone to converse with customers and employees.
- The employee is regularly required to: perform repetitive wrist, hand and/or finger movement, feel the attributes of objects, grasp, push, and reach with arms or hands.
- Must be able to occasionally move objects of 15 lbs.
- Work may also be performed in the field environment. While performing duties in the field, the employee may be subject to adverse conditions such as cold or hot weather conditions, hazards of a construction site, etc.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
- Attention To Detail