Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our location in Altavista VA currently has an opportunity for a Sr Maintenance Engineer Tech. This site is Abbott’s largest Nutrition manufacturing plant in the world. But working here, you’ll feel part of a family – a family of 650+ that works together to help nourish the world.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Troubleshoot and assist in repairs of all equipment, instrumentation, and processes in the area of responsibility.
- Recommend and review spare parts and preventive maintenance program in assigned area of responsibility. Review, recommend, and write specifications and procedures for all equipment, processes and facilities in the areas of responsibility.
- Have experience with drives, I/O devices, man-machine interfaces, and ladder logic (Allen Bradley and Modicon Projects).
- Responsibile for the successful completion of assigned engineering projects.
- Plan, coordinate, install and perform operational checkouts for all equipment and processes in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Determine the accuracy of drawings and initiates corrections when discrepancies are found.
- Responsible for writing and executing certification program affecting all facilities, processes, and equipment as required due to project involvement. Researches and initiates miscellaneous purchase requisitions for materials, spare parts, equipment and services.
- Act as a technical resource for plant and Division interactions.
- Develop statistical and technical experiments to test and analyze new and existing processes, equipment and facilities.
- Integrate state of the art technology with existing equipment to improve the process. Design, provide drawings, and fabricate prototype modifications and test equipment.
- Must be diplomatic in the leadership and direction of other employees and in the interaction with other departments.
- Make accurate and concise decisions or recommendations with timing appropriate for the situation to supervisors and/or management regarding problems.
- Promote safety consciousness as a project coordinator and as an example to other employees.
- Train other personnel in specific procedures, methods, and operations regarding processes, facilities, and equipment as directed.
- Report evaluated test data in the form of verbal, written and formal presentations to supervisors and management for further input. Track assigned funding according to commitments.
You’ll be accountable for meeting our compliance standards including FDA, OSHA and Abbott policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU’LL BRING
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 8 years industrial electrical/controls experience in a manufacturing operation.
- Must demonstrate mental alertness and a thorough knowledge of basic mechanical, electrical and instrumentation principles.
- Ability to interpret engineering specifications and drawings.
- Good verbal communication and technical writing ability.
- Ability to read and update engineering drawings.
- Ability to exercise diplomacy in the leadership and direction of other employees is mandatory.
- Associates degree in electrical engineering technology
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Sr. Maintenance Engineer Tech - Altavista, VA Plant (Night Shift)
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Sr. Maintenance Engineer Tech - Altavista, VA Plant (Night Shift), on Facebook at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Sr. Maintenance Engineer Tech - Altavista, VA Plant (Night Shift) and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal
Programmable Logic Controllers