Dragados USA is seeking a Marine Project Engineer to currently support the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel expansion project. This role will be responsible for providing technical support to the marine construction operations on the project.
Competitive Pay! Great Benefits!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead project meetings to collect and disseminate information pertaining to the project
- Responsible for technical specifications/drawings review and resolution
- Coordinate the collection and dissemination of technical information between/within the company and the owner
- Responsible to develop Work Plans and Procedures that enables to start Construction on-site and getting approvals from the EOR and the owner
- Responsible for RFIs / FDCs related to the design as well as NCR resolution / corrective action approval from the EOR and the owner
- Schedule and monitor program activity to achieve an on-time result including follow-up with external suppliers to ensure timely response to action items
- Create bill of materials, referencing to project drawings and specifications
- Review quotations utilizing supplier information, cost standards, technical information from quality, manufacturing, engineering, and design
- Determines possibility of conflicts/delays in the construction process by reviewing project drawings. Analyzes the process to determine likelihood of detection and resulting effect. Suggests preventative steps for correction
- Ensure that project charges are correctly represented for accounting’s closing process
- Evaluates that project charges are correctly represented for accounting’s closing process.
- Manages subcontractors and change orders on project
- Executes additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university, Civil Engineering or Construction Management preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in within a construction or engineering firm
- Construction experience in heavy civil projects
- Knowledge and experience with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Communication – excellent oral presentation and written skills
- Goal oriented – able to set goals and achieve them
- Interpersonal – able to work well and persuade people at all organization levels
- Organizational ability – able to plan, prioritize, organize and monitor activities and projects. Able to work well in a group environment and foster a team approach.
- Field experience preferred
- Knowledge with Primavera P6 Scheduling Software is a plus
- Professional Engineer License preferred
DRAGADOS USA, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Management