To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Kansas City, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Administrative Assistant I - II
Federal Reserve Bank • Kansas City, MO
Posted 2 months ago
Provide advanced administrative support for department management and/or officer(s) including, but not limited to, preparing, revising, and developing documents; maintaining calendars; monitoring emails; monitoring deadlines and appointments; making travel arrangements; and completing basic projects of average to moderate complexity and priority.
- Respond to telephone inquiries for management when appropriate or refer calls to the appropriate staff or management member. Perform administrative duties for department management and staff, and provide positive, point-of-contact for guests.
- Maintain and/or monitor electronic and/or paper calendar(s), e-mails, deadlines, and appointments for management.
- Prepare, and revise as needed, letters, memoranda, and reports.
- Serve as a resource for the division by proofreading documents for proper Bank style, grammar, punctuation, spelling, formatting, and by recommending related improvements to written communications.
- Develop basic analytical reports and complete projects of average to moderate complexity and priority.
- Make travel arrangements for management, other department staff, and guests, to include arranging hotel accommodations, car rental, airline reservations, and/or other transportation, and filing the appropriate paperwork, such as travel statements.
- Serve as host for meetings including, but not limited to, arranging conference room reservations, hotel reservations, transportation assistance, dining requests, and providing assistance during meetings.
- Update and/or maintain information sharing websites.
- Organize and maintain files of department correspondence and documents, and be responsible for adhering to document management and record retention guidelines.
- Provide back-up support for other administrative assistants in the division.
- Assist with new and current employee needs, including location moves and technology access requests.
- Completes other unique, department specific duties as assigned.
- Typically zero to three years of administrative assistant experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic project management and analytical skills preferred.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, various Internet applications, e-mail applications, and information sharing databases. Working knowledge of audio/visual equipment and ability to troubleshoot minor problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to interact with high profile public contacts and/or external customers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to display teamwork.
- Strong attention to detail, time management and multitasking skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
In some cases, positions require access to confidential supervisory information, access to which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined by regulation of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, 12 CFR 268.205. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and lawful permanent resident aliens (also known as "green card holders") who are eligible for and seeking United States citizenship within the requisite timeframes.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and our YouTube channel - Kansas City Fed.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is an equal opportunity employer. As such, the Bank recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability and/or sexual orientation.