To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Phoenix, AZ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Branch Intern Quotations Phoenix
Border States Electric • Phoenix, AZ
Posted 4 days ago
Be part of a growing, successful company in an exciting and challenging field. Border States is 100% employee-owned, which means you’re empowered to make decisions, find solutions and receive rewards for your hard work.
This position will be located in: [[filter4]], [[filter3]] [[AdditionalLocations]]
- 20-40 hours per week – PAID
- Based in Phoenix, AZ
- Must have reliable transportation to get to/from work and to travel as needed
Border States Electric Internship program aims to provide our interns with challenging, real-world projects specific to their career path. The Branch Intern – Quotations will have a solid understanding of the department they are in as well as the overall business. The Intern will see value in their actions in accordance to the company mission, culture, service philosophy and meeting the goals and objectives set forth by the Board, Senior Leadership Team and Executive Council.
- Works within the department on day to day projects. Projects will include but not be limited to activities related to process improvement, project management, data support, reporting, documentation, and other assigned responsibilities.
- Collaborates with various departments throughout the company.
- Builds relationships through meetings, events and one-on-ones with key leadership and employees.
- Assists Project Managers with tracking of lighting and gear packages for contractors.
- Works with our vendors to obtain updated shipping information
- Updates tracking logs for specific projects
- Some work in SAP (Updating PO’s, place small orders, write delivery tickets)
- Interactions with various departments including warehouse to coordinate deliveries
- Contacts vendors to get quotes for lighting and gear items.
- Works on professional development through trainings, group projects and community involvement.
- Creates submittal packages, and close out documents for specific projects.
- Administrative work including: filing, archiving, etc. of project/quote information
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or other designate
- Currently pursuing a BS/BA Degree in Engineering, preferably Electrical or Mechanical
- Students must have completed their sophomore year, have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and be eligible to work in the United States
- Students working toward a Bachelor’s degree or above must have a minimum of 60 credits (completed or in progress), with 24 of these credits within their major(s)/designated degree(s)
- Strong knowledge of business office procedures, office equipment operation, data entry/keyboarding skills and communication systems helpful.
- Prefer strong knowledge of PC for Windows and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint). Proficiency in Adobe.
Border States is a leader in the electrical supply distribution industry with over 100 locations in 20 states. Our employee-owners are second to none in delivering top-notch customer service and in demonstrating extra-ordinary people skills. We are one of the largest independent electrical distributors in the United States providing products and services to the construction, industrial and utility industries. Border States has a competitive benefit package and is a 100 percent employee-owned company. Employee-ownership is a significant part of our culture and our success stems from the dedication of our employee-owners. We practice open-book management and our employee-owners are empowered with clearly defined levels of authority to be innovative and decisive, allowing us to respond quickly to the needs of customers. Employee-owners understand their roles in the success of the company and care about customers’ needs, which drives our focus on adding value to everything we do. We recognize that not all customers are the same and each has specific requirements. Our employee-owners understand these diverse needs and have the commitment, resourcefulness and flexibility to outperform all others.
As a Border States employee-owner, you’re responsible for living our mission, service philosophy and service standards.
Border States provides value to our customers by delivering innovative product and supply chain solutions.
We earn customer loyalty and confidence by caring about their needs and adding value to everything we do.
Border States employee-owners are competent, accurate, responsive, and engaged .
Join an experienced team at one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States. What are you waiting for?