To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lexington Park, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
DoD Secret - Hadoop Administrator
Nesco Resource • Lexington Park, MD
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED
This is a contract to hire project.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Our client has an opportunity for an experienced Hadoop Systems Administrator supporting 25 servers running a complete Hadoop stack including Spark. The successful candidate will work as part of an integrated team including Linux admins, data scientists, aeronautical engineers and IA personnel.
A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or a related degree program and nine (9) years of related professional experience
- Typical system administration and programming skills such as storage capacity management, performance tuning
- Implementation and supporting the Enterprise Hadoop environment
- Manage and monitor Hadoop cluster and platform infrastructure
- Automating cluster node provisioning and repetitive tasks
Experience/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good interpersonal and written skills are required as is a solid working knowledge of Linux.
- Strong understanding of Hadoop eco system such as HDFS, MapReduce, Hadoop streaming is required.
- Deep understanding and experience with Horton Works Hadoop stack is required.
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Enterprise Class Server HW is desired.
- Strong verbal and written communication skillsare desired.
- Ability to work in a team environment under limited supervision is desired.
- Certifications in accordance with DoD Instruction 8570 are desired
- Competitive health, wellness & lifestyle benefits
- Inclusive, flexible and supportive company culture
- Ongoing training and development opportunities