To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boston, MA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
DESKTOP ENGINEER (Multiple Locations)
Beacon Health Options • Boston, MA
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The candidate will be a member of the End User Technology team and is expected to support and maintain all relevant internal IT endpoints and services by means of industry standard tools, including, but not limited to: Active Directory, SCCM, WSUS, Microsoft Servers, and VMware technologies.The Desktop Engineer’s responsibilities will include endpoint patch deployment, packaging deployments via SCCM, COTS software deployment, application testing, and endpoint security i.e. Bitlocker, MBAM, SEP12. The Desktop Engineer is the Tier III escalation for the Field Services team, therefore the candidate must possess strong troubleshooting and problem management skills as well as excellent verbal and written communications skills. The Desktop Engineer is a highly motivated self-starter who enjoys working and staying current with the latest technologies and takes ownership of both projects and day to day responsibilities. The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology, and must be technically adept to a dynamic, fast-paced environment. The candidate must be willing to work occasional off hours and weekends as projects and support issues dictate. Excellent customer service is a must.
This role can be based in: Reston, VA; Norfolk, VA; Miami, FL (Sunset, Coral Gables); Cypress, CA; Linthicum, MD; Latham, NY; Woburn, MA; Boston, MA
Duties and Responsibilities
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Troubleshoot and correct problems with enterprise systems.
- Experience with PowerShell automation desired, but not required.
- Determine problem areas for future improvement to reduce incidents.
- Experience with a hybrid Office 365 and Exchange 2013 environment.
- Collaborate with departmental leaders and peers as needed.
- Provide expert consultation to less experienced team members in support of enterprise systems.
- Support management and end users throughout the enterprise in support of both routine and strategic initiatives.
- Maintain high level of knowledge and expertise in core enterprise environments: Active Directory, SCCM, WSUS, Windows Servers, VMware, Windows Update methodologies, Endpoint Security (SEP12, Bitlocker, Malware protection, etc.).
- Ensure the procedures and documentation related to enterprise environments are kept accurate and are perpetually maintained.
- Planning and implementing systems upgrades, hardware, software, OS, and applications.
- Act as collaborative EUT Tier III escalation partner for troubleshooting hardware and software incidents (Problem Management), prior to escalation to Infrastructure Tier III teams or vendors.
- Ensure strict adherence to departmental policies and procedures such as change management, configuration management, and security and access control.
- Experience with utility of Virtualized Environments – VMware
- Experience in Microsoft Windows 2008/2012 Active Directory, and AD Group Polices as they relate to endpoint patch deployment methodologies and/or integration with SCCM, WSUS.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, including ability to generate and interpret documents operating/maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- The candidate must have the ability to work as a team member or individually to complete tasks thoroughly and accurately with minimal supervision.
Minimum Entry Level Qualifications
- Education: Coursework and/or certifications in a relevant IT related field
Microsoft Certifications are preferred, but not required.
- Years and Type of Relevant Work Experience:
- Requires a minimum of 3 years work experience in an enterprise environment performing desktop engineering or systems administrator functions. Related technical experience in lieu of desktop engineering experience will be considered.
- 3+ years hands-on systems experience with hardware/software systems
- Desirable Experience
- Experience with Microsoft Systems Engineering, and SCCM/WSUS