Position: Problem Manager
Hours/Days: Mo-Fri, 8AM-5PM
Location: Ashburn, VA, 20147
Duration: This assignment is anticipated to last 12 months; however, Apex Systems cannot guarantee the length of this assignment
Target Start Date: 10/08/2019
IV Process: Phone + Onsite
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of IT processes and frameworks (SDLC, ITIL, COBIT etc.), as well as Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen or equivalent process improvement methodologies.
- Lean or Green Belt Six Sigma certified. Black Belt certification is a bonus
- Have a good understanding of the IT infrastructure components (servers, network, storage, middleware/database, application software and data center facilities) and processes followed in software development and IT operations, as well some of the tools used to implement and manage them.
- Responsible for managing and leading problem investigations for critical client facing impacting incidents in Major Problem Review meetings and managing the implementation of corrective and preventative measures.
- Additionally, perform proactive problem management to avoid any repeat incidents.
- Drive efforts to improve overall application stability and availability for applications and supporting infrastructure by ensuring Problem resolution
- Facilitating and coordinating technical problem review meetings includes leading and facilitating post mortem investigations of critical incidents, and managing root cause analysis between technical teams
- Manage relationships with other process management teams to provide a consistent delivery framework
- Experience using and administering Service Now especially Problem Management workflow
- Collaborate with business and IT stakeholders in leading and facilitating Major Problem Review meetings for Root Cause Analysis (RCA) of critical incidents.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Information Technology Infrastructure Libraries
Root Cause Analysis
Control Objectives For Information And Related Technology (Cobit)