To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Baltimore, MD 21224
- Justin Dehorty
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Scientific Database Manager - Epidemiology Expertise - NIH - Baltimore, MD
Kelly Government Solutions • Baltimore, MD
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Scientific Manager - Epidemiology Expertise - NIH - Baltimore, MD Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Scientific Manager to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Baltimore, MD. OVERVIEW. This is a long-term, open-ended contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package
- Tremendous room for personal growth and career development
- Opportunity to work at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the world's foremost medical research center
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
- Develop and maintain a archive consisting of very large longitudinal sets accessible to multiple users
- Independently manage large publicly available datasets in the local National Institute of Ageing (NIA) environment
- Clean data from both cross-sectional and longitudinal studies
- Create derived variables, annotate data analysis programs, and archive data
- Create and maintain documentation of datasets and associated data management information
- Present data in charts, tables, and graphs, using software such as R, Excel, or , for use in scientific publications and presentations
- Advise fellows and guests on appropriate variables and create datasets for projects
- Assist and train fellows in accessing appropriate data files and run programs for off-site fellows
- Generate datasets for large consortia studies; analyze data according to approved protocol
- Maintain NIA's Laboratory of Epidemiology and Population Sciences (LEPS) network capabilities and monitor virtual drive capacities
- Identify state-of-the-art solutions for data management/storage
- Perform mid-level data analysis, including descriptive and linear/logistic regression
- Work with Staff Scientists to program and run high-level analyses
- Collaborate with staff on technical writing including co-authoring of articles for journal submission
- Initiate and participate in meetings and conference calls between PIs, contractors, and collaborators to solve specific management issues
- Ensure compliance of LEPS with all cybersecurity requirements
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Master's degree in a related discipline
- Five (5) years of experience in management of large multi-dimensional longitudinal datasets
- Experience with SAS, R, and other packages
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and time management skills
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE. Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.