Scientific Manager - Epidemiology Expertise - NIH - Baltimore, MD
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Scientific Manager to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Baltimore, MD.
OVERVIEW. This is a long-term, open-ended contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package
- Tremendous room for personal growth and career development
- Opportunity to work at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the world's foremost medical research center
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
- Develop and maintain a archive consisting of very large longitudinal sets accessible to multiple users
- Independently manage large publicly available datasets in the local National Institute of Ageing (NIA) environment
- Clean data from both cross-sectional and longitudinal studies
- Create derived variables, annotate data analysis programs, and archive data
- Create and maintain documentation of datasets and associated data management information
- Present data in charts, tables, and graphs, using software such as R, Excel, or , for use in scientific publications and presentations
- Advise fellows and guests on appropriate variables and create datasets for projects
- Assist and train fellows in accessing appropriate data files and run programs for off-site fellows
- Generate datasets for large consortia studies; analyze data according to approved protocol
- Maintain NIA's Laboratory of Epidemiology and Population Sciences (LEPS) network capabilities and monitor virtual drive capacities
- Identify state-of-the-art solutions for data management/storage
- Perform mid-level data analysis, including descriptive and linear/logistic regression
- Work with Staff Scientists to program and run high-level analyses
- Collaborate with staff on technical writing including co-authoring of articles for journal submission
- Initiate and participate in meetings and conference calls between PIs, contractors, and collaborators to solve specific management issues
- Ensure compliance of LEPS with all cybersecurity requirements
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Master's degree in a related discipline
- Five (5) years of experience in management of large multi-dimensional longitudinal datasets
- Experience with SAS, R, and other packages
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and time management skills
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE.
Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5 billion. Visit URL blocked - click to apply and connect with us on URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. URL blocked - click to apply
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: US3172JD_BH1560869
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Kelly Government Solutions, a specialty service of Kelly Services®, is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government, including prime and small business contractors. Our extensive network includes relationships with top federal and Department of Defense agencies and many others.
These partnerships enable us to provide you with flexible government employment and career advancement opportunities nationwide and across a wide range of professions, including:
- Information Technology
- Healthcare / Medical Research
- Positions with high-level security clearances
Kelly Government Solutions employees work more than 10,000 hours each day, and we put a new employee to work every two hours.
It all began when William R. Kelly—founder of the temporary staffing industry—established Kelly Services® in 1946. The company's traditional expertise started with office services, call center, light industrial, and electronic assembly staffing. Through the years, we expanded our expertise and established a proven record of successfully matching job seekers to opportunities in disciplines such as science, engineering, law, education, healthcare, IT, and finance. As a Fortune 500® company, Kelly® has evolved into a global workforce solutions leader, making employment connections for nearly half a million people around the world every year.
Since our founding, we have embodied the true spirit of social responsibility. Our character and values resonate through our culture. Inherently—through our core business focus—we seek to improve the quality of life for our employees, their families, and their communities, as well as society at large. We embrace the role we play and the value we contribute to society—whether ensuring equal opportunity to employment, promoting safer workplace conditions, advocating for healthcare reform, or adhering to sustainable business practices.
Together with our employees and our customers, we will continue to work toward ensuring that our legacy will remain strong for generations to come. For more than 60 years, people have trusted Kelly Services to help them reach their career goals. We are your proven link to employment opportunities that will pave the way for a successful future. Whoever and wherever you are—and with the right skills and attitude—Kelly can help you find a job, expand your career, and build your future.
*According to "The Emerging New Workforce," a 2009 report by Littler Mendelson, P.C., an employment and Labor Law solution firm.
View the full profile