Summary of Position Requirements
Oversee the function and team that delivers the analysis and process focused on the Division’s land acquisition to maximize the effectiveness of the process designed to take an acquisition from concept to finalization in a timely manner.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Land Acquisition team to ensure the proper alignment of talent to Palm Atlantic’s Land Acquisition strategy.
- Continuously review land acquisition process to identify areas for process improvement to effectively process deals thru internal approval as quickly as possible.
- Ensure compliance with the process, quality and timeliness of land acquisition deals, analysis, submittal, approval and finalization of all land deals.
- Responsible for the oversight of all contract management and detail follow up. Manage contract timelines – Earnest Money requests, end of due diligence and for CIC submittal. (keep Land Tracker and Top 10 list updated)
- Liaise between sub-contractors, consultants, real estate brokers, governing agencies, utility companies and other individuals and agencies relating to the land acquisition and development department.
- Develop broad understanding of the market including the competition, house types/sizes, price points and sales absorption for each county within the target regions.
- Oversee all the budgeting process for due diligence and entitlement.
- Research and retain consultants to secure approvals and permits to develop all acquired properties.
- Develop strategy and supervise the entire permit and approval process.
- Attend hearings, presentations and review board meetings.
Lead the compilation of all Due Diligence Reports needed in Greenbooks
Education and Experience Requirements
- 4-year College Degree in business administration, engineering, accounting, finance or similar program required
- Minimum 4 years experience in Land Acquisition, preferably with a National Homebuilder, located in the southeast Florida market
- Ability to effectively lead and manage a team and consultants
- Computer literacy, including word-processing, spreadsheet analysis, project scheduling and data management software.
- Knowledge of negotiating principles and real estate.
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Must exercise initiative and achieve objectives with minimal supervision.
- Must be detail-oriented and a problem-solver able to deal with complex situations.
- Can make public presentations and represent company in meeting and hearings.
- Valid Driver’s License and a good driving record
Daily interaction with various division personnel, outside agencies, business partners, consultants and homeowners.
Must be able to operate a motor vehicle. Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, lift, walk, move and/or carry equipment in excess of 20 pounds. Must have finger dexterity to operate computer keyboard and calculator.
This description outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the associates.