We are a global leader in environmental consulting - made stronger with the recent acquisition of Wood's Environment & Infrastructure business and Golder - with world-class expertise in environmental, social and governance (ESG), climate resiliency & sustainability (CRS), and earth sciences. Combined we have over 20,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change. As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from across the globe.
WSP is seeking an experienced Registered Architect with broad technical knowledge of construction methods, design, sustainability, and industry advancements to join our design team in Charlotte, North Carolina within our Infrastructure Design Service Line. This is an opportunity to work with our talented staff of Architects and Engineers in one of WSP's focused growth areas. Our Office works within a multi-disciplinary science/engineering/architecture team, located in one of the most livable cities in the US. WSP offers the technical challenges of projects located throughout the US and globally within the relaxed environment of a growing, vibrant city.
As a Senior Architect, you will be responsible for providing technical architectural expertise and mentoring, as well as delivering excellence in sustainable and functional architectural designs for facilities across a variety of markets including Federal, State, Industrial, and Commercial.
Recent and ongoing projects include design of building renovations and new construction for Federal and State office buildings, museums, and visitor facilities; industrial office space, warehouses, and maintenance facilities; and high-security government and radar facilities. We also have several ongoing design standards development projects for Federal agencies.
The ideal candidate will have significant technical expertise with development of bid sets and will lead multi-disciplinary project teams from concept design through completion of construction. As a leader both internally and externally, you will participate in Wood's Global Technical Expert Network to collaborate across regions and partner with client account managers to promote WSP's Building and Facilities Practice.
* Collaborate with project managers, architects, engineers, designers, and subconsultants to complete design and technical portions of projects on-time and within budget
* Incorporate applicable codes, construction techniques, and sustainability into various projects including all aspects across disciplines
* Supervise the preparation and check the accuracy of contract documents
* Attract, mentor, and coach junior and mid-level staff, developing their careers as seller-doers
* Act as primary contact with Clients
* Collaborate with WSP's other design centers to grow A/E opportunities and develop new business
* Lead proposal development efforts
Who You Are
* Bachelor's degree in Architecture or an Architecture-related field
* Registered Architect
* 15+ years of relevant experience
* Extensive knowledge of building, life safety, and accessibility codes
* Strong knowledge of design, industry advancements, construction methodology, and sustainable design practices
* Demonstrated experience of delivering a range of projects from concept through detailed design and construction completion
* Demonstrated capability and interest to work in support of engineering-driven projects as well as architecturally driven projects
* Effective technical, written, and verbal communication skills
* Excellent leadership, collaboration, and team-building skills
* Bachelor's degree in Architecture from an accredited Architectural program and / or Master's degree in an Architecture-related field
* NCARB certificate holder
* Civilian Federal Agency and DoD project experience strongly preferred
* LEED accreditation and / or WELL accreditation
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Concept Arts