Role: Front-End Java Developer
Location: Springfield, VA
Schedule: 40 hours / week
Overview: Apex Systems, the nation’s second largest IT staffing and technology services firm, has an immediate opening for a Front-End Java Developer to sit on-site in Springfield, VA.
This position requires a highly motivated, self-reliant team player. Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop applications - in a Unix/Linux and Windows VM environment to ensure performance and data availability – using full stack java
- Apply required updates and patches, monitor and tune system to achieve optimum performance levels, and provide reports to support metrics collection
- Support the Agile process using SCRUM methodology and Jira Some local travel to customer sites may be required.
- 5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 0 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD
- Must be able to obtain a DHS/CBP security clearance - US Citizen required
This role will require hands on technical skills, with prior experience developing using one or more of the following technologies:
- Java / J2EE / Enterprise Java solutions; Java frameworks, including Spring, JSF, and Hibernate; Oracle Database technologies and/or Web Application hosting on WebLogic and Tomcat.
- Experience with the Eclipse IDE - Experience with Agile toolsets, such as JIRA and Confluence
- Experience developing and consuming SOAP and REST web services for an operational/production environment
- Basic Understanding of Accessibility (508)
- Basic Understanding of Agile project management methodologies, including Scrum - Ability to task manage and communicate effectively with project staff
- Must be a team player, self-motivated, self-starter and a quick learner
- Experience coordinating the activities of multiple teams supporting project reviews
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with strong listening skills
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills
- Available for occasional off hours support
Preferred Qualifications: Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- 6+ years' experience supporting Oracle application and database environments
- Demonstrated experience with JDeveloper integrated development environment.
- Experience with MQ, MDB, JMS and other messaging technologies
- Experience with MySQL and Cassandra a plus
- Experience working with Spring Boot
- Experience with mobile responsive design and mobile frameworks such as Cordova and cloud technologies
- Experience with Atlassian toolset, including Jira, Confluence, and Bamboo
- Prior experience with CBP • Certified ScrumMaster and/or Certified Product Owner desired with Scrum and or Scaled Agile Framework for the enterprise (SAFe) experience.
***As a contract employee of Apex Systems, you are eligible for Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance; Shorter Term Disability; Hospitalization Coverage; Direct Deposit; Weekly Pay Periods; Training and Development Programs; Corporate Discounts / Perks and our Referral Program.
***Apex Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Java Script (Programming Language)
Scrum (Software Development)
Cascading Style Sheets (Css)
Agile Software Development