A top-notch leading homecare company, that provides exceptional high-standard care to families and individuals, is searching for a Director of Operations to lead, manage, and hold all branch staff accountable to deliver consistent, safe, compassionate, and high-quality care to every client for multiple branches within an assigned territory. This is an incredible opportunity, because possible career progression into a COO role can happen within 18 months. Long-term growth as a possible stakeholder exists as well! The right person must demonstrate the skills, abilities and competencies to recruit, hire, teach and develop a high-performance branch and field team. They will have the unique opportunity to partner closely with caregivers and other key staff to maximize patient-centered care, branch revenues and profitability. The Director of Operations serves as the lead “integrator” of all branch-level business strategies, and is responsible for improving revenues and profits through excellent branch operations, quality client care, designing and executing comprehensive business plans and budgets, and ensuring compliance of all required licensures and accreditations.
If exploring a long-term career path versus your next 'job' sounds like a fit for you, please consider applying today!
- Effectively leads through example. This is a “working manager” role, so in addition to strategic functions the DOO will answer phones, schedule meetings/appointments, recruit, review files, etc. Holds himself/herself and others accountable for getting the job done and maximizing value to company, clients, one another.
- Creates and manages processes, procedures and standards to achieve desired results.
- Establish plans to identify and develop sources of qualified staff, contact and recruit prospects, secure commitment for employment and maintain employee relationships to ensure a continuous supply of qualified staff.
- Engages in recruiting activities individually or jointly with recruiting staff to ensure staffing needs meet client demand and branch business growth plans.
- Ensures standards and procedures for evaluating, selecting, documenting and administering staff are maintained, including verification of licenses and credentials, employment history, criminal background, drug screening, immigration status, testing results, and payroll and personnel records.
- Develops and implements plans to promote employee retention and satisfaction and to establish preferred employer status.
- Manages operations staff, including establishing short and long-term performance standards, monitoring and evaluating performance, coaching and developing employee capabilities, rewarding, hiring, disciplining and terminating.
- Directs reviews of current and scheduled service commitments, monitoring of staff availability including vacations, planned and unplanned absences and ensures staff is scheduled to meet each obligation while minimizing non-billable overtime.
- Responds to customer inquiries, determines customer needs and concerns and develops solutions, provides service information, resolves customer disputes or discrepancies.
- Directs daily activities of sales staff, including training, establishing performance goals, monitoring and reviewing activities, coaching and evaluating tactics and techniques, and developing plans to maximize effectiveness and results.
- Establishes financial goals for individual branches and consolidated operations, including revenue and expenses, and develops budget and business plans to achieve targets and maintain profitability.
- Conducts regular reviews of financial results, evaluates financial performance in relation to targets, analyzes factors driving results, and develops and implements adjustments to maximize financial performance.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate financial controls and audit processes.
- Negotiates and approves terms of service with vendors, service providers and supplies such as facilities, equipment, financial services, contracts, fulfillment of contract requirements in assigned territories and ensures operations are conducted in compliance with contract provisions.
- Negotiates and approves terms of service for contracts in territories, including pricing, special provisions, duration, and service standards.
- Conducts reviews of operations for compliance with national and local contracts and franchise agreements.
- Ensures contracts comply with local and state requirements.
- Establishes sales goals and plans for individual branches and consolidated operation, manages and assigns territories and market segments.
- Conducts regular reviews of sales activity, pipeline and prospects for individual branches and consolidated operations.
- Ensures execution of corporate and local sales initiatives; and, conducts sales activities individually and jointly with sales staff to ensure achievement of goals.
- Conducts periodic analysis of market territory to identify opportunities, centers of influence, demographic characteristics, competitor strength and coverage, and potential sources of business.
- Develops and executes plans to market services to target customers and referral sources using local and corporate marketing materials.
- Conduct regular review of sales and service plans, current staffing and recruiting to ensure adequate staffing to meet service commitments.
- Performs competitive assessment periodically to determine bill and pay rates and recommends to franchisee rate changes and oversees the implementation of rate changes.
- Ensures qualification of customer ability to pay, reconciliation of hours billed with hours worked, prompt and accurate billing for services and timely collection of accounts receivable.
- Interprets and administers national contracts, fulfillment of contract requirements in assigned territories and ensures operations are conducted in compliance with contract provisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or Administration - may substitute Degree requirement with a combination of education/expeirence; and a minimum of 2 years experience as a Director of Operations and/or multi-site/unit manager (e.g.: District Manager, Area Supervisor, Regional Manager)
- Experience managing within a healthcare environment supervising field staff, LPNs, CNAs, and RNs is highly desired
- Proficient in MSOffice (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- 3-5 years’ experience managing multiple high-volume healthcare offices, branches, or agencies; agency operations with a strong customer relations and quality of work culture
- 5-7 years’ managing people and effectively scheduling staff at all levels (supervisory, per diem staff, full-time, and part-time employees)