Operations Coordinator - NIH - Rockville, MD
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking an Operations Coordinator to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Rockville, MD.
OVERVIEW. This is a long-term, open-ended contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package.
- Tremendous room for personal growth and career development.
- Opportunity to work at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the world's foremost medical research center.
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
- Perform all duties and activities needed to plan, procure, and document the official travel services for Federal employees in the Vaccine Research Program.
- Coordinate the planning and execution of travel arrangements with the Federal traveler to ensure all plans reflect the traveler's needs and preferences.
- Coordinate planning with relevant personnel in the VRP Office of the Director, and with personnel in the relevant VRP Branch responsible for budget management, to ensure adequacy of travel funds and consistency with other VRP travel plans.
- Coordinate planning as needed with NIAID/NIH travel contractors, NIAID Administrative Officers / Specialists, and other relevant NIH offices (e.g. Fogarty International Center), to ensure all administrative requirements are met and documented in a timely way.
- Ensure that all travel documentation is provided to traveler in a timely before travel, and coordinate with traveler to assist in obtaining all required documentation following completion of travel.
- Maintain all necessary trainings and certifications to enable authorized and correct use of NIAID and NIH tools and systems related to official travel planning.
- Act as an authoritative resource for VRP personnel to obtain correct and current information about procedures, rules, best practices, and problem solving related to official travel.
- Procure office supplies and other materials as requested by VRP Federal and contractor personnel.
- Coordinate timekeeping activities for federal personnel.
- Maintain all necessary trainings and certifications to enable authorized and correct use of NIAID and NIH tools and systems related to procurement of supplies and office materials.
- Assist VRP personnel in the planning and operation of conferences and meetings held at or near VRP offices or the NIH main campus.
- Assist with VRP administrative planning at the Branch or Program level.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Bachelor's degree in related field. Four (4) years of specialized experience plus a High School diploma is equivalent to a BA/BS degree.
- Eleven (11) years of experience in related field.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of organizational travel, budget and purchasing systems.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE.
Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5 billion. Visit URL blocked - click to apply and connect with us on URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. URL blocked - click to apply
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: US3172JD_BH1579007
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Kelly Government Solutions, a specialty service of Kelly Services®, is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government, including prime and small business contractors. Our extensive network includes relationships with top federal and Department of Defense agencies and many others.
These partnerships enable us to provide you with flexible government employment and career advancement opportunities nationwide and across a wide range of professions, including:
- Information Technology
- Healthcare / Medical Research
- Positions with high-level security clearances
Kelly Government Solutions employees work more than 10,000 hours each day, and we put a new employee to work every two hours.
It all began when William R. Kelly—founder of the temporary staffing industry—established Kelly Services® in 1946. The company's traditional expertise started with office services, call center, light industrial, and electronic assembly staffing. Through the years, we expanded our expertise and established a proven record of successfully matching job seekers to opportunities in disciplines such as science, engineering, law, education, healthcare, IT, and finance. As a Fortune 500® company, Kelly® has evolved into a global workforce solutions leader, making employment connections for nearly half a million people around the world every year.
Since our founding, we have embodied the true spirit of social responsibility. Our character and values resonate through our culture. Inherently—through our core business focus—we seek to improve the quality of life for our employees, their families, and their communities, as well as society at large. We embrace the role we play and the value we contribute to society—whether ensuring equal opportunity to employment, promoting safer workplace conditions, advocating for healthcare reform, or adhering to sustainable business practices.
Together with our employees and our customers, we will continue to work toward ensuring that our legacy will remain strong for generations to come. For more than 60 years, people have trusted Kelly Services to help them reach their career goals. We are your proven link to employment opportunities that will pave the way for a successful future. Whoever and wherever you are—and with the right skills and attitude—Kelly can help you find a job, expand your career, and build your future.
*According to "The Emerging New Workforce," a 2009 report by Littler Mendelson, P.C., an employment and Labor Law solution firm.
View the full profile