Kelly Services is currently seeking a Controller for one of the world's largest commercial real estate services and investment firms located in Los Angeles, CA 90017.
Job Title: Controller
Location: Los Angeles, CA 90017
Anticipated Start Date: June 2019
Schedule: 8:00 am - 5pm, Mon - Fri
Pay Rate: $70 - $80 per hour
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field; a CPA and/or MBA may be required.
- 10+ years experience in public and/or private accounting, including 7+ years experience in progressively responsible management positions. PA preferred.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues.
- Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups.
- Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action.
- Highly developed written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to effectively interact with external clients, senior management, employees, regulators and external auditors.
- Broad, in-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Financial Accounting Standards (FASB), theories, & practices.
- Demonstrated experience & knowledge of financial issues & economic impact beyond technical knowledge.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to analyze the most complex business/financial data and develop innovative solutions.
- Ability to forecast and prepare budgets.
- Conducts financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports.
- Advanced understanding of accounting and bookkeeping concepts.
- Develops and administers accounting practices to ensure optimum client satisfaction while guaranteeing Company financial interests are protected.
- Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations.
- Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based environment.
- Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft suite applications and real estate or other financial accounting software.
- Thorough knowledge of computer applications related to real estate accounting or financial management systems.
- Assists in the direction of a sub-functional group's accounting functions.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of planning and budget systems, the preparation of financial and management reports and procedures, and the presentation of findings and specific recommendations to senior management.
- Responsible for training and managing other accounting staff.
- Manages an accounting staff and assists with training and monitoring performance issues.
- Reviews staff projects to ensure work accuracy and departmental deadlines are achieved.
- Prepares, reviews and approves journal entries prepared by the accounting group.
- Works with Finance Department on variances to budget and forecast.
- Responsible for supervision of general and sub ledger maintenance and preparation of operation and financial statements.
- Reviews financial statement packages prior to submitting to internal clients.
- Performs and assists with profitability analysis, financial decision-making, and operating statistics for a functional area.
- Provides technical advice and training on accounting systems to staff.
- Approves check and wire requests up to approved dollar amounts.
- Arranges for and acts as primary/secondary contact with organization’s internal and external auditors on accounting matters.
- Interprets current policies and practices and plans and implements new operating procedures to improve efficiency.
- Leads system conversions / enhancement providing scoping information, testing and feedback, and training others.
- Ensures that systems are in compliance with acceptable accounting practices and applicable regulations.
- Leads special projects and companywide initiatives
- Establishes and maintains accounting processes and procedures which comply with generally accepted accounting principles, tax requirements, SEC requirements, and management reporting requirements.
- Provides formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area.
- Approves subordinate's recommendations for staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination.
- Effectively recommends same for direct reports to next level management for review and approval.
- Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime.
- Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff.
- Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies.
- Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
- Manages a functional work unit and/or group.
- Works independently and typically reports to a Senior Controller or higher.
- Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve general results.
- Responsible for setting department deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause long-term impact to co-workers, supervisor, department and/or line of business.
**Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter recruiting for this position (Email blocked - click to apply), however, your resume should be uploaded via the “SUBMIT RESUME” button included within**
With Kelly, accounting and finance professionals like you will have access to some of the world’s
most respected companies—providing you with challenging, high-visibility projects that can transform
your career. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 3,000 finance and accounting
hiring managers rely on us each year to access the best temporary and full-time talent: people like
Let us help advance your career today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people
around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of
talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit URL blocked - click to apply and connect with us on URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. URL blocked - click to apply
Cost Accounting Procedures
Annual Financial Report
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: US41LCRR_BH1584589
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
In a recent study, one-third of large companies predicted contingent workforce growth of 50 percent or more.* Kelly Financial Resources® can help you be a part of this contingent workforce growth opportunity.
Kelly Financial Resources, a specialty service of Kelly Services®, provides a suite of world-class staffing and workforce solutions to the accounting and financial business communities. We focus exclusively on placing all levels of finance and accounting professionals -- from bookkeepers to controllers to internal auditors to senior accountants -- in disciplines including:
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Forensic Accounting
- Internal Audit
- Public Accounting
- SEC Reporting
- Trust Operations
It all began when William R. Kelly—founder of the temporary staffing industry—established Kelly Services® in 1946. The company's traditional expertise started with office services, call center, light industrial, and electronic assembly staffing. Through the years, we expanded our expertise and established a proven record of successfully matching job seekers to opportunities in disciplines such as science, engineering, law, education, healthcare, IT, and finance. As a Fortune 500® company, Kelly® has evolved into a global workforce solutions leader, making employment connections for nearly half a million people around the world every year.
Since our founding, we have embodied the true spirit of social responsibility. Our character and values resonate through our culture. Inherently—through our core business focus—we seek to improve the quality of life for our employees, their families, and their communities, as well as society at large. We embrace the role we play and the value we contribute to society—whether ensuring equal opportunity to employment, promoting safer workplace conditions, advocating for healthcare reform, or adhering to sustainable business practices.
Together with our employees and our customers, we will continue to work toward ensuring that our legacy will remain strong for generations to come. For more than 60 years, people have trusted Kelly Services to help them reach their career goals. We are your proven link to employment opportunities that will pave the way for a successful future. Whoever and wherever you are—and with the right skills and attitude—Kelly can help you find a job, expand your career, and build your future.
*According to “The Emerging New Workforce,” a 2009 report by Littler Mendelson, P.C., an employment and Labor Law solution firm.
View the full profile