Atkore International Group Inc. is a leading manufacturer of Electrical Raceway products, primarily for the non-residential construction and renovation markets, and Mechanical Products -amp; Solutions for the construction and industrial markets. Our mission is to be the customer-rsquo;s first choice for electrical raceway and mechanical products and solutions, by providing unmatched quality, delivery and value based on sustainable excellence in strategy, people and processes.
Our business is comprised of two reporting segments, Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products -amp; Solutions, with total annual revenue of $1.6 B. Electrical Raceway has 2 business units, Cable Solutions and Conduit -amp; Fittings, totaling just over $1B in annual revenue. Mechanical Products is a stand-alone business unit with about $600M in annual revenue.
Our global locations include 58 manufacturing and distribution centers in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, China, Australia, and New Zealand with over 3,600 employees.
We are currently searching for Senior Manufacturing Engineer to be based out of our Wayne Michigan facility. Reporting to the Operations Manager, this person will be responsible for the performance of the tool room staff, ensuring that proper die repair methods and techniques are being followed. Further develop the tooling preventative maintenance program to drive die availability and the reduction of die related downtime in the press shop.
-bull; 5+ years of plant or similar experience is preferred.
-bull; Process/Industrial Engineering and time study capabilities
-bull; Solid understanding of LEAN principles and concepts, including TPM and 5s, problem-solving skills, -ldquo;Solid Works-rdquo; design software.
-bull; Aptitude with stamping presses and die background with related metallurgical experience in raw material and tool steels
-bull; Knowledge of finishing processes such as electro-galvanizing, hot dip galvanizing, and heat treatment
Additional Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with the Plant Manager and the plant leadership team, will identify areas of greatest opportunity, create and evaluate process improvement, prioritize and lead improvement activities on the factory floor for all plant operations.
- Drive continuous improvement within the tool room, instill die repair best practices, develop and implement engineered solutions to chronic die issues.
- Using the Atkore Business System tools develop and deploy current and future state maps highlighting waste reduction and flow improvement opportunities. Implement improvements focused on product availability and cost reduction.
- Supervision duties of the tool room staff including scheduling and delegating die repair and maintenance, ensuring that perishable tooling inventory is maintained, administration duties such as time card and overtime tracking, vacation scheduling and ordering of materials/tools.
- Using lean management tools, such as Kaizens, to lead and work closely with existing shop floor teams to identify areas of waste and opportunities for flow and equipment improvement.
- Working closely with shop floor and area supervisors to conduct time and movement studies, review and analyze processes and methods and other work measurement activities. Establish base line productivity output metrics, implement visual accountability tools and work closely with the scheduling team to set goals to improve output. Create and deploy standard work.
- Provide technical oversight to maintenance, operations, and tool making departments, enhancing total preventative maintenance programs on existing machinery. Audit and improve plant floor maintenance programs. Working closely with finance and the leadership to team to develop business cases supporting capital expenditure requests.
- Develop and deliver training materials (manuals, presentations, exercises, etc.) in conjunction with the Atkore Business System educating the team on general and specific engineering improvement opportunities plant wide.
- Document concepts, designs, and processes, and generate written protocols and reports.
- Manage multiple projects, prioritize workload, and meet deadlines with a problem-solving mentality.
- Assist with organization, development, analysis, implementation, and maintenance of programs and measures necessary for engineering established objectives.
- Work with vendors and suppliers on a professional level to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials or parts, and evaluate products according to specifications and quality standards to improve or implement manufacturing processes.
Our Culture Drives Value
Atkore-rsquo;s culture is created from the disciplined use of the Atkore Business System (ABS), which is a critical part of our mission and a foundational system based on excellence in People, Strategy, and Processes, tied together with Lean Daily Management (LDM) to manage and sustain the business we have today, and Strategy Deployment Process (SDP) to create the business we aspire to become.
Having the right talent in the right roles enables successful ABS execution, improves our customer-rsquo;s experience, and delivers breakthrough results. Said another way, that-rsquo;s how we win!
Great Leaders Drive Value
Atkore is committed to creating an engaged and aligned workplace that helps drive an accountable and performance-based culture. Our team possesses a willingness to strive for breakthrough results, stays focused on being standout leaders, and fully supports decisions of the Company after robust debate. We consistently live the Atkore mission, learn our strategic priorities and link behaviors to those priorities, all in a way that-rsquo;s consistent with our core values. Together, we build stronger leaders and improve customer satisfaction which positively increases the overall value of the enterprise.
Atkore Delivers Value to You
By joining Atkore, you can expect to receive a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition, Atkore offers wellness programs and employee assistance resources to help employees achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Our dedicated employees are recognized for their commitment to our customers and making our company better than it was the day before.
Atkore International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Atkore International is a diverse company that believes its employees are the foundation for investing in its future, through the understanding that awareness and acceptance of our individual difference enhance inclusion and promote engagement and alignment. Diversity and inclusion are keys to growing our business and providing a work environment that fosters contributions by all employees.
Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!