To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Columbus, OH
- Fast Switch, Ltd.
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Enterprise Architect (TD2)
Fast Switch, Ltd. • Columbus, OH
Posted 16 days ago
Enterprise Architect (EA). We have a direct hire (or contract-to-hire) opportunity available in Columbus, Ohio for an Enterprise Architect (EA) who will be challenged with taking the company's business strategy and then defining information technology systems architecture to support the business strategy. The Enterprise Architect provides architectural oversight for the enterprise. The primary function is to shepherd the organization along the enterprise roadmap to achieve a solid foundation for present and future technology needs. The Enterprise Architect may specialize in Data, Business, or Technology architecture.
- 70%: Define an architectural strategy that fully leverages the capabilities of enterprise products and deliver on both short and long term business objectives. Responsible for finding, architecting, and delivering the constantly expanding solutions that run clients' business. Coordinate architecture and planning related activities with other client organizations. Works as an integral member of the Enterprise Architecture team, evangelize architectural initiatives through the organization, ensuring a holistic approach to technology and solutions across the organization.
- 10%: Establish and lead data, business process, or technology governance committees.
- 10%: Provide mentoring and create an architecture community across the organization.
- 10%: Stay abreast of current and future architecture and technology trends and inform management of where there are opportunities for improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
- 8-10 years' related work experience
- 8+ yrs. experience with software architectural design, development, integration, and testing and short-term/long-range enterprise strategic planning, budgeting, systems analysis and design.
- Experience in defining business infrastructure architecture including the selection of supplier models, (single supplier solutions vs. multi-supplier solutions), solution architectures, integration strategies, and solution delivery methods.
- Ability to clearly communicate objectives, requirements and designs at these different levels of abstraction to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with senior business leaders and business function leaders to set longer term strategies and short term objectives and requirements.
- Must be effective in working and communicating across strategy, implementation, and support, including business strategy, process strategy, product strategy, high-level technical design, detailed technical design, implementation, and production support.
- Strong demonstrated technical leadership of multiple technology teams coupled with ability to collaborate effectively with management of those teams.
- Experienced understanding of all aspects of software and hardware processes and familiarity with alternative approaches.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with peer Architects to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas and to resolve technological disagreements with informed, rational debate.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills and understanding of how to motivate and challenge engineers.
- Knowledge of IT governance and operations.