GENERAL SUMMARY: Responsible for leading cross-functional team in all areas of production, continuous improvement, and customer satisfaction. Will participate and be a key Customer and Supplier contact for problem resolution. Will promote positive climate throughout the manufacturing facility.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs activities through subordinate Team Leader(s) to attain production goals consistent with safety, quality, delivery, housekeeping, waste elimination, and effectiveness objectives.
- Reviews and establishes material, equipment, and manpower resource requirements.
- Accountable for consistent application of policy and procedures throughout the plant.
- Coordinates and leads activities with other functions such as materials, engineering, quality, human resources and other support departments.
- Assists in establishing budgets for conducting departmental activities and accompanying manufacturing projects; forecasts manpower equipment and supply needs; and is held responsible for managing department within established budgetary guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Comply with and support the health, safety, and environmental programs, policies and procedures.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran42319BR
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Operations Management or related field.
Experience and Skill Requirements
•Minimum of 8 years of leadership experience in a high volume, fast paced automotive manufacturing environment or equivalent leadership experience.
•Demonstrated leadership experience in long-range planning, formulating business strategies and project management.
•Demonstrated problem resolution skills i.e. 7D, 5P, 5-why etc.
•Strong manufacturing and business knowledge.
•Able to operate PC based software programs and automated business systems.
•Must be proficient in data collection and analysis.
•Excellent communication skills both oral and written with strong presentation skills required.
•Prior experience working on a cross-functional team preferred.
•Team building and conflict management skills.
•Ability to manage multiple priorities.
•Previous lean manufacturing experience preferred.
•Green belt/Black belt experience desired.
•Demonstrated ability to effectively teach, lead, mentor and motivate personnel at all levels.
Continuous Improvement Process