Responsibilities for this Position
Location: USA VA Herndon - Customer Proprietary (VAC032)
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ136029
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Public Trust/Other Required:
Discover a career that is challenging, impactful, and mission critical. Join our team as a Tester and make an impact by designing and defining quality control methodologies to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards, guidelines, and procedures in a large computer-based organization. While you help us advance the mission, we'll help advance your career.
HOW THE TESTER WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
* Design and develop test and testing requirements for products, systems, software and/or related technology using independent judgement
* Partner with applicable technology teams to determine testing parameters
* Write test plans and create test cases for the product
* Conduct quality assurance and design performance tests using established testing procedures
* Partner with other department engineers and developers in creating practical test demonstrations for proposed technology
* Provide troubleshooting for moderately complex testing errors and streamline testing procedures
* Ensures that testing methodology and procedures meet company and industry standards
* Build and execute automated tests.
* Prepare reports and advance analysis for testing
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology and best practices relevant to the industry
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
* Education: BA/BS (or equivalent experience)
* Required Experience: 8+ years of relevant experience
* Security Clearance Level: TS/SCI w/ Polygraph
* Required Technical Skills: Develops and implements quality control methodologies to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards, guidelines, and procedures in a large computer-based organization. Develops and executes software test plans in order to identify software problems and their causes. Establishes and maintains a process for evaluating hardware, software, and associated documentation and/or assists in the evaluation. Conducts and/or participates in formal and informal reviews at pre-determined points throughout the development life cycle.
* Required Skills and Abilities: Government customer architecture/engineering board experience; Experience discussing technical topics with non-technical people; Strong communication skills
* Preferred Skills: Puppet module development; Terraform development; Jenkins job development
* Location: Customer Site
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
* 401K with company match
* Comprehensive health and wellness packages
* Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
* Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
* Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
* Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Less than 10%
USA VA Herndon
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
- Problem Solving
- Quality Management