To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sandy, UT
- Western Metals Recycling
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Western Metals Recycling • Sandy, UT
Posted 2 months ago
At Western Metals Recycling (WMR) the opportunity is YOURS! We have achieved years of success by giving our teammates the tools they need to do the best job. Do you have what it takes to help shape the future? Working at WMR is definitely for you if:
- You want a career and not just a job
- You want to work for an awesome company where you can make a difference
- You have positive, can-do attitude
- You are motivated and take initiative
We are committed to building great teams, offering competitive compensation, and allowing for a healthy work-life balance, because our teammates are our most valuable asset. Whether you work in a recycling facility or at our corporate headquarters, WMR is a place where you can come for a job, but stay for a career.
WMR is the Intermountain West's largest scrap metal recycler with recycling facilities located in Colorado, Nevada and Utah. Our processing capabilities include automobile shredders, balers, shears, mobile shearing, torch processing, auto crushers, extensive transportation services, and railcar dismantling. WMR is a proud part of Nucor Corporation and a wholly owned subsidiary of The David J Joseph Company which has a well-earned reputation for safety, integrity and innovation. We are recognized as good community citizens who are trustworthy, financially strong and environmentally proactive.
- Maintain detailed analysis of assigned general ledger accounts.
- Assist in the monthly closing process, including journal entries and interfaces with other systems.
- Perform monthly inventory reconciliations, including transfers and adjustments.
- Assist with compliance reviews of established internal controls.
- Assist in the development and documentation of best practice accounting procedures.
- Work with DJJ subsidiary companies to research and resolve transactional issues.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to provide high quality of service to internal and external customers Ability to demonstrate initiative on projects and assignments Willingness to work within a dynamic team environment dedicated to continuous improvement.
- Flexible for relocation in the future
- Occasional travel