Director of Category Management, Electrical Supplier & Lighting
Anixter is a Fortune 500 company and a leading global supplier of communication and security products and electrical and electronic wire and cable. Our high-performing team works closely with customers and the community to better understand their business challenges specify cost-saving solutions and make informed purchasing decisions around technologies, applications and relevant standards. Please view our video for more information URL blocked - click to apply.
Anixter offers competitive salary and a bonus program to reward your results. We are known for our exceptional training and on-going development programs to support your career growth including a tuition reimbursement. We provide our employees excellent benefits including medical, dental, 401(k) with employer match, and additional company provided retirement benefits.
The Director of Category Management has responsibility for creating and driving product and supplier strategies for Anixter’s Category Management under the Marketing umbrella. The successful candidate will be able to apply a P&L ownership approach to driving sales and profitability growth. This role reports to the VP of Product Management within the company’s Electrical and Electronic Solutions (EES) division.
- Establish, develop and manage key supplier relationships and strategy
- Develop the vision and roadmap for the portfolio
- Lead team of Category Managers to oversee strategy execution
- Identify product cost improvement opportunities
- Manage standard cost strategy for the product portfolio
- Develop and communicate product/supplier positioning and go-to-market strategy
- Identify and develop programs to address vertical market opportunities
- Communicate and interact internally and externally at mid and senior management levels
- Negotiate with key internal and external stakeholders
- Work with sales management to identify and address regional opportunities
- Effectively communicate key product messaging both internally and externally
- Prepare and deliver presentations to internal stakeholders
- Identify, manage, and communicate new product introductions
- Provide market insight through the monitoring and collection of market intelligence: competitive intelligence, supplier landscape changes, cost driver trends, customer feedback and information on emerging technologies with potential business impacts
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, MBA is a plus but not required
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in sales, marketing, product/category management, merchandising or business management roles
- Excellent written and verbal communication/ presentation skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
Come Join the Market Leader!
Anixter is a Fortune 500 company, and the world's leading supplier of products used to connect voice, video, data, security systems, specialty electrical and electronic wire and cable for building construction, industrial maintenance and original equipment manufacturing, as well as the leader in providing fasteners and C-class components to OEMs and production lines.
Our founders developed the Blue Book more than 40 years ago to present the beliefs and ethos that define our business style. While we have grown and changed dramatically since we were established in 1957, one thing has remained constant: our commitment to the values presented in the Blue Book. You can review URL blocked - click to apply.
Anixter is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer; Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
We require all of our employees to perform work in an ethical manner and uphold a culture of honesty and ethics at all times.
URL blocked - click to apply
URL blocked - click to apply