To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
(Mav) La Porte
La Porte, TX 77571
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Pipeline Integrity (PLI) SME
ALS • La Porte, TX
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Responsibility for the establishment and operational management of the pipeline integrity business unit to achieve growth and profit in line with the budget and strategic plan.
- To provide technical authority over all employees engaged in Pipeline Integrity activities across North America.
- To prepare, implement and maintain inspection programs in accordance with applicable codes, client requirements and the ALS Industrial Quality Management System (QMS).
- To provide service at a high standard in a professional and competent manner, meeting the needs of the client and ALS.
- Management and administration of all Workplace Health, Safety and Environmental (WHSE) matters related to the operation.
- Perform, organize and supervise inspection activities as required in accordance with applicable codes and both client and ALS requirements.
- Management, administration and responsibility for all quality matters related to the business unit including new employee inductions, level 3 approvals, technical audits, equipment calibration and maintenance, training records management and incident management.
- Work cooperatively with the other Businesses to ensure all Company resources are fully and effectively utilized.
- Work with direct reports to facilitate training and professional development to enable employees to reach their full potential.
- Awareness of the content and intent of all quality procedures and ensuring that they are implemented and followed.
- Awareness of the content and intent of all company policies and ensuring that they are implemented and followed.
- Implementation and encouragement of a team approach within a continuous improvement culture.
- Awareness and knowledge of competitors and their activities and strategies within the region.
- Prepare bid responses, proposals and quotations in accordance with the delegated level of authority for the position.
- Ensure all equipment represents industry norms and identify emerging technologies.
- Monitor inspection work and assure the quality of inspections by conducting technical witnessing, review of both inspection reports and records and client interaction.
- Develop inspection procedures to client and code requirements.
NDT, inspection, engineering or materials qualifications or trade qualifications in an engineering discipline with project management or supervisory experience.
Minimum 5 years supervisory experience in a field related to testing, inspection or asset care services.
Relevant industry experience with extensive exposure to the pipeline integrity sector.
In-depth knowledge of relevant legislation, codes, standards and technology associated with pipeline integrity.
Well-developed written and oral communication, including report writing skills.
Sound computer literacy skills, proficiency with MS Office software.
A working knowledge of relevant acts, codes, standards and regulations.
Strong knowledge of pipeline integrity industry.
Independence and impartiality.
Proficient computer skills.
Good verbal and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills.
Ability to work in a team environment.
Ability to maintain high level safety culture.
Commitment to the ALS core values:
- Honesty and integrity
- Exceeding client expectations
- Belief in our ability
- Hard work and continuous improvement
- Doing it better
- Celebrating success
- Safety as a priority
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
'ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society'
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation Poster