To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Portland, OR
- Evraz NA
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Evraz NA • Portland, OR
Posted 1 month ago
EVRAZ NA's Research and Development (R&D) team is seeking a highly qualified Research Engineer with a specialty in Steel Physical Metallurgy at our Portland, OR facility. Relocation assistance available for well qualified candidate.
This technically challenging position will participate in all aspects of our steel research program with a particular emphasis on the design of alloying and processing strategies to obtain target mechanical properties. This position reports to the Superintendent of Technical Services. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct steel research with a particular emphasis on the design of alloying and processing strategies to obtain target mechanical properties
- Direct and coordinate research projects as defined by the EVRAZ R&D program
- Play an active role in planning and conducting mill trials and development activities in support of divisional goals and objectives
- Coordinate and monitor research work undertaken by outside agencies on behalf of EVRAZ including universities, government laboratories and other independent labs
- Analyze tests results and prepare written reports summarizing findings
- Direct the work of technicians and co-op students conducting laboratory tests and analyses
- Develop test procedures as required to meet goals and objectives of R&D project work
- Ensure laboratory equipment is maintained
- Oversee capital acquisitions related to R&D
- Analyze short-term industrial issues as required
- Participate in H2S rescue training (the R&D facility houses an H2S corrosion testing facility, all team members participate in rescue training)
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Mechanical/Metallurgical Engineering or related discipline
- General knowledge of steelmaking and casting, rolling mill physical metallurgy and mechanical testing practices
- Knowledgeable in the production and performance of tubular products and numerical analysis as well as mathematical modeling
- Good understanding of steel processing operations (steelmaking, casting, pipe forming and heat treating) affect mechanical properties of steel
- Experience with/understanding of mechanical testing procedures (tensile, charpy, CTOD,etc.)
- Familiar with failure analysis techniques
- Strong analytical skills
- Fully proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment