We are currently hiring for an experienced Medical Transcriptionist to join one of our largest clients in the New Haven area. This position is roughly three months long and is a great way to utilize your past experience and gain additional skills. This professional must have at least 2 years of experience in a healthcare facility.
1. Transcribe and keyboard confidential dictation, patient correspondence and records
2. Format, keyboard and proofread patient reports for each visit
3. File confidential patient information
4. Create new patient files
5. Fax and photocopy information into the database
6. Shred old information that is no longer needed
7. Order and maintain inventory of supplies
2 years of experience in medical transcription
Strong Microsoft Office skills
Epic experience is a plus
Strong knowledge of HIPAA regulations
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Patient Information Leaflet
Health Insurance Portability And Accountability Act (Hipaa) Compliance