$55000.00 to $65000.00 yearly
Robert Half Finance is looking for a Staff Accountant for a full-time opportunity with a respected company. In this role, the Staff Accountant is in charge of preparing journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance and general ledger reconciliation. You will also be responsible for various aspects of internal reporting throughout the monthly close. You will put your skills towards the development and implementation of accounting policies. Also, you will participate in compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules for the reporting processes. This position is very complex as it plays a part in the production of Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. This Tucson, Arizona area-based position is a challenging, multi-faceted opportunity to work for a company that recognizes and rewards hard work.
- Partake in various department-wide initiatives
- Manage intercompany billings, transactions, and reconciliation
- Manage schedules for monthly payments and capital lease
- Compose journal entries and conduct the month end close with minimal supervision
- Coordinate and analyze a variety of financial data, then report it in a way that is useful and understandable
- Support the month end, quarter end and year end closing process, which includes monthly financial close workbook preparation
- In-depth knowledge of reconciling month end balance sheet accounts
- Maintain, implement, and adhere to internal controls. Also ensure that accounting procedures comply with GAAP
- Maintain depreciation, fixed asset ledgers, and reconciliation
- Periodically maintain and reconcile journal entries
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations which include, but are not limited to, cash, prepaid expenses, and payroll
- Prepare analyses for monthly balance sheets and income statements for management to report on
Base salary is in the area of $55,000 plus 10% bonus paid quarterly.
For further details, reach out to Gale McGuire, Senior Vice President, at
. - Impromptu reporting and special projects, when requested
- experienced organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets and databases
- 1+ years of recent and relevant accounting experience
- Ability to work well in matrix organization and dealing with ambiguity
- Spreadsheet and database capabilities
- GAAP Accounting experience desired
- Self-starter and strong ethical standards
- Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines
- Attention to detail and proven ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
- Skilled with ERP systems
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Extraordinary analytical, quantitative and social skills
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at
. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Staff Accountant
for more information.