To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boise, ID
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Peer Support Specialist (Part-Time)
Pathways by Molina • Boise, ID
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Pathways by Molina, previously Providence Human Services, is one of the largest national providers of accessible, outcome-based behavioral and mental health services. At Pathways, we deliver exceptional value by creating healthier communities through the work of exceptional people. Our more than 7,000 employees provide the highest-quality home- and community-based social services and non-emergency transportation services in 23 U.S. states and the District of Columbia. We proudly serve more than 60,000 unique clients. We specialize in providing direct services and case management to children, adolescents and adults with behavioral and medical health needs, as well as those supervised by government subsidized programs, in their homes or through community-based resources. Pathways offers a full spectrum of social service and behavioral health solutions, including Youth & Family Services, Adult Services, and Prevention Services. Within each area, clients have access to a broad range of social and behavioral services to meet their needs.
As a fully integrated member of the service delivery team, the Peer Support Specialist will provide Peer Support Services to adults who struggle with a severe and persistent mental illness, or emotional disturbance who are actively involved in mental health treatment. All Peer Support services will promote hope, wellness, and recovery outcomes for the identified client and their natural support system.
• Peer support certificate issued by the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare
• High School Diploma or GED
• Be able to pass state and/or federal background checks
• Driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance
• Works with adult clients to develop recovery plans which build on their strengths
• Meets with each participant in their home and community with the ability to provide support and encouragement to each participant as requested in an effort to reduce hospitalizations for each participant
• Maintains confidentiality of all client documents, files, and communication in written, electronic, and/or verbal form
• Assists adult clients on achieving their personal recovery goals
• Provides hope and encouragement by serving by serving as a role model in recovery
• Shares experience from personal road to recovery to promote growth and change
• Provides individualized assistance and education in obtaining community services, maintaining life supports such as housing or income, carrying out the tasks of daily living, and participating in support groups or other community networks
• Offers education and support in working toward physical and mental wellness, including healthy living behaviors
• Completes behavioral health assessments, plan updates and service termination summaries as required
• Serve as a resource to the Pathways team in incorporating recovery strategies and tools into all client services. Reinforcing an approach of client self-determination in all aspects of service planning
• Provide an ongoing perspective to the Pathways team in regards to the experience of mental illness and recovery
• Participate in Team Meetings, and provides input in developing client assessments and service plans
• Prepares daily case notes on services provided to clients. Maintain other client or service documentation as required by the team
• Participate in any in-service training for Team members
• Will be available for contact by assigned client’s, as per clinical supervisor protocol and direction
• Submit time sheets by 9am on the assigned billing dates
Pathways by Molina is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic