BGIS is currently seeking a Facility Manager to join the team in the New York City , NY.
BGIS is a leading provider of integrated real estate management services, including facilities management, project management, energy & sustainability services, strategic workplace consulting, real estate services and capital planning. Its range of solutions, supported by efficient systems, processes, and people, enables it to create and optimize places that work for its clients. The team is dedicated to inspiring better business performance and helping clients focus on their core businesses.
- Completes assigned projects by utilizing appropriate resources effectively and balancing the customer requirements with the agreed upon strategies of the company.
- Determines and facilitates the usages of resources, internal and external, required for the project.
- Orientation and training of new facility team members.
- Maintain the ongoing training programs and certifications of facility engineering team.
- Provide the requirements for facility engineers per particular site and participate in selection and hiring of facility engineers.
- Maintain and improve certifications and licensing of facility engineer personnel.
- Accept responsibility for facility engineers assigned, continuous quality improvement and cost management.
Manage Facility Operations
- Supervise the facility activities and obligations per agreements.
- Manage facility operations budget to ensure preservation of facility assets.
- Supervise the resolution of technical and contractual issues as they relate to the facility.
- Develop strategies, goals, and objectives required for continued facility agreement success.
- Implement and manage monthly financial responsibilities (i.e. billings, estimate to complete, etc.).
- Assure compliance with accrediting and regulatory agencies.
- Develop and implement facility operating procedures and processes for specific sites and the facility management business (i.e. facility operating procedure, issue management, and site engineer contingency plans).
- Record the relationship and technical history of facilities assigned.
- Oversee and control vendor relationship as necessary (i.e. mechanical service, custodial, and controls service).
- Maintain customer relationships and confidence.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES
- Must have demonstrated proficiency for all the responsibilities of a Lead Installer.
- Three (3) years of facility management or maintenance experience required.
- Three (3) years of experience supervising technical personnel required.
- Proven facility management competency, including ability to drive issues and situations to closure required.
- Equivalent of four (4) years college level training in facilities management, construction management, engineering or other related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook and Visio required; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
- Knowledge of building systems and ability to manage personnel responsible for operation required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
- Must be physically able to perform basic maintenance tasks to the highest caliber, which includes ability to: climb ladders, work in confined spaces, lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 lbs., etc.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, overtime as required and be "on call" on a 24 x 7 basis for emergency situations.
- Management of multiple priorities under pressure.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
BGIS is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within BGIS who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.