To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Long Beach, CA 90810
- Sheila Jackson
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Construction - Project Engineer
Kelly Engineering Resources • Long Beach, CA
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job Description and Qualifications
a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, is seeking an experienced Project Engineer for its West Coast region facilities.
A project engineer in the West Coast region is responsible for executing a wide variety of small/medium projects in Steam Methane Reformer operating facilities located predominately in California. The HyCO Site Services (HSS) maintains a multi skilled team to implement EH&S, productivity and reliability projects rapidly and in coordination with the operating facilities. Excellent communication and leadership skills along with a broad knowledge of engineering disciplines are required when dealing with a project load that spans several sites. This position will be primarily located in Carson, CA which serves as the HSS hub for the West Coast Region.
Core Competencies for this Position
Integrity is a vital part of the culture and employees are expected to uphold the highest ethical standards and communicate across all channels with respect and honesty.
When it comes to safety at ZERO IS ACHIEVABLE. Our goal is zero injuries and incidents. People have said that it is an impossible goal. people have the capability and determination to make "zero" happen across all aspects of our safety performance by prioritizing safety in words and actions to protect self, others and the environment.
Demonstrate a positive attitude and be willing to take on new opportunities and embrace tough challenges with a sense of ownership, energy and urgency. He / She must be able to approach work both individually and as a member of the team.
Employees act with accountability and make appropriate and timely decisions. Focus on collaboration and implementing decisions drive results to success.
Seeks out diverse thinking to maximize the use of others’ experiences, backgrounds and perspectives. The ability to introduce new ways of looking at problems and getting work done and proposing value added solutions is important to this position.
Job Function: Engineering
• Lead assigned portion of capital program and manage all engineering and design resources.
• Assist in the development of strategic plans to meet the infrastructure needs of plants.
• Develop scope for HSS executed debottlenecking, process safety, or infrastructure projects.
• Develop estimates, funding documents, schedule, and ongoing forecasts for plant executed projects within SAP.
• Ensure all projects receive adequate process hazard reviews, Management of Change documentation, ORI’s, and that all recommendations are completed in a timely manner.
• Ensure inherent process safety is adhered to on all project designs.
• Manage project safety.
• Maintain projects on budget and schedule.
• Ensure all projects meet the operability needs of the customer.
• Uphold and communicate high standards of housekeeping in assigned areas and on all job sites. Conduct frequent formal housekeeping inspections of plant areas.
• Support turnarounds and outages, with potential growth into planning and leading turnarounds.
Recommended Skills And Experience
• Strong organizational and planning skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong leadership abilities
• Manufacturing plant operations, maintenance, and capital projects experience
• Role model within Project Engineering function
• High ethical standards - unwilling to compromise on worker safety and regulatory compliance requirements
• Organizational credibility - able to influence business area, engineering and manufacturing managers in decision making process
• 3-10 years’ experience in maintenance and/or engineering disciplines, preferably with experience in industrial outages
• Basic understanding of operating plant environment
• Basic understanding of the process technologies employed in PPO & PST operations
• Technical degree (chemical engineering or mechanical engineering preferred)
• Experience with piping design and understanding of ASME B31.3 and ASME B31.1 a plus
• Basic understanding of process controls philosophy is a plus
• Professional Engineer is a plus This project will go through April 2020.
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.