Calling all Tax Managers who are Licensed CPA's & want to work remote
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Mordy Ornguze
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $75,000 - $100,000 per yearA bit about us:
We're a Public Accounting firm that focuses on our clients, our employees, our community. Our professionals guide individuals, businesses and nonprofits with personal service, education, and knowledge. We listen, research, advise, and implement solutions to guide you on a path to succeed in today’s complex economic environment.
In the more than six decades, we have created a collaborative culture where experienced individuals, working together, find ways to solve the toughest accounting issues you may face.Why join us?
- 401(k) matching
- Work remote
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Primary Duties and Responsibilities Professional Competence and Technical Skills:
- Manage large, more complex engagements.
- Serve as an expert and internal resource for an area of accounting or tax.
- Develop a reputation for expertise in the accounting profession or one’s chosen industry niche or sector.
- Work with clients on S-Corp tax forms
- Work with clients on Merger and Acquisitions transactions
- Work with clients on State and local tax issues
- Participate in professional associations, obtain referrals from client and non-client organizations in one’s chosen area, and accept speaking engagements to outside groups.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities to members of the department and the firm.
- Increase participation in client and non-client networking events.
- Involvement in associations or activities related to one’s chosen niche or sector.
- Acquire new engagements with existing clients and new clients, especially in one’s area of interest.
- Successful execution of a Personal Marketing Plan, including a list of prospects and benchmarks for measuring success in marketing the firm’s services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Certified Public Accountant required.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive accounting experience leading to and/or including the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience supervising others recommended.
- Knowledge with 704b allocations to partners
- Knowledge with code 736 transactions
- Knowledge with 338h10
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and computerized general ledger packages.
- Proficient in ProSystems Tax, Fixed Assets and Engagement.
- Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP.
- Proven ability to perform as a leader, ie. ability to motivate, mentor and develop staff and teams.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive business development practices including participation in professional organizations and maintaining relationships with existing and prospective clients.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively cross sell to existing clients.
- Demonstrated outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated business planning skills in all areas.
- Demonstrated efficiency in completing multiple projects within limited time budgets.
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development and outstanding technical competencies.
• Demonstrated commitment and loyalty to an organization or firm.
- Extensive work interacting both by phone and face to face with clients and staff. Adjustments have been made due to COVID-19
- Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment with limited exposure to physical risk.
- Working Remote will also be considered.
- Essential demands include sitting at a desk, working on a computer for long periods of time and using a telephone to communicate with clients and staff.
- Typical business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm. Additional work hours will be expected during peak season (generally January 15th through April 15th).
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles