Job Title: Estimator - Mechanical
About Us: Shambaugh & Son L.P., a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc., is a construction/engineering firm. We specialize in the Design-Build method of construction resulting in fast-track delivery of the project improvements to our clients as well as traditional plan and spec projects. We are one of the largest specialty contractors in the U.S. and the only one with all eight M.E.P. (Mechanical, Electrical, Process, Automation, Refrigeration, HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Protection) design and installation capabilities in-house. We perform nearly $840 million of construction projects per year with over 2,600 employees throughout 50 states from our home office in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Our success has been driven by our ability to attract and retain knowledgeable and seasoned professionals to work on the Shambaugh team. As we continue to build on our more than 90 year Shambaugh success story, we are looking to complement our existing experienced project management staff with motivated and talented individuals who are interested in expanding their project management knowledge and gaining valuable work experience.
At Shambaugh we recognize people as our most important resource, and it is our mission to produce the industry’s highest level of quality services, safety and productivity on every project in order to develop repeat customers, maximize return on investment, and provide professional growth opportunities for people in the organization.
Job Summary: This position will estimate mechanical work within our Mechanical and Food Process group. This position will help lead to the success of Shambaugh and Son, L.P. by producing quality, competitive mechanical, HVAC & plumbing estimates in an ever changing economy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend pre-bid or team scope review meetings and understand the complete scope of work required, with sometimes-limited information.
- Review and understand all of the project bid documents.
- Locate, notify and send bid information to subcontractors and vendors for quotations on outsourced work.
- Complete the estimate takeoff, using on-screen computer estimating, within time deadlines.
- Work as a team with other estimators, company divisions and departments.
- Compile and finalize the estimate within time deadline and participate in team reviews with management on bid day.
- Evaluate bids of subcontractors and vendors for completeness of scope of work, schedule, compliance with specifications, or other bid requirements.
- Prepare value engineering analysis in anticipation of the customer’s best interest.
- Develop the scope of work narrative.
- Assist field operations with the estimate after bid award.
- Meet proposal due date schedules.
- Anticipates requirements of producing estimates with little information given.
- Able to see the overall requirements of customer satisfaction without losing sight of the details.
- 10+ years Mechanical estimating background in food process, heavy industrial, HVAC and/or plumbing estimating. Experienced process piping estimator.
- Thorough knowledge of estimating both Design-Build and plan spec projects.
- Computer literate and comfortable with spreadsheets and computerized on-screen takeoff programs.
- Produce accurate, timely and competitive estimates with minimal data.
- Anticipate requirements and cost components of Design Build project.
- Excellent communication skills with customers, vendors, subcontractors, general contractors and owners.
- Knowledge of HVAC, food process, industrial and plumbing piping systems.
- Design build and plan spec experience.
Visit us at [ Link removed ] to learn \u0022What we do and How we do it.\u0022
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Shambaugh is deeply committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all its job applicants and employees. We seek to employ qualified persons in all job classifications and to administer all personnel actions affecting our employees without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, ancestry, or genetic information. Individuals with a disability, disabled and other protected veterans and any other characteristic protected by applicable law will be given the fullest consideration for employment in positions for which they are qualified. We also are committed to making reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with a disability as well as abiding by any and all state and local laws, which in addition to the above prohibit discrimination in any form.