To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
8800 Greenbelt Road
Greenbelt, MD 20771
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Branch Customer Service Associate/Goddard
NASA Federal Credit Union • Greenbelt, MD
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
FIND YOUR PURPOSE. JOIN OUR MISSION
As one of the largest credit unions in the region and top performing in the nation, NASA Federal Credit Union members enjoy banking with an organization that's well established, financially sound and thrives on technology. With a strong heritage to serving the needs of individuals in the science, technology and engineering fields, the credit union philosophy of People Helping People has always been a priority.
As a Branch Member Service Associate, you will deliver exceptional customer service in our branches while successfully promoting and selling NASA FCU products and services. You must possess proven customer service skills; strong verbal communication; and above all, a desire to help others. The Branch Member Service Associate position is a tiered position with formal training modules – YOU control your career advancement as you learn and execute new skills.
We offer a generous benefit package:
- Competitive compensation: $14.00 - $18.50 hrly (Rate of pay commensurate w/ relevant customer service and banking experience)
- 401(k) match to 5% of earnings – immediate enrollment and 100% vesting
- Choice of two health plans
- Life Insurance – no cost
- Long-term Disability Insurance – no cost
- Employee Assistance Program – no cost
- Paid vacation – 2 weeks first year
- Paid sick time
- 10 Paid holidays
- Profit Sharing eligible
Branch Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday 7:30am - 3:30pm. Candidate chosen will be required to work a minimum of two Saturdays month at other NASA Federal Credit Union branches each month 9:00am - 2:00pmResponsibilities
JOB DUTIES Summary
- Empathizes with members and provides solutions to make it easy for members to acquire and effectively use NASA FCU products and services.
- Identifies member events to provide solutions on products that meet the member's needs and facilitate the member's financial security.
- Responds to member inquiries regarding the operation of accounts, interest rates on savings and loan products, account discrepancies, credit, debit and ATM cards and loan applications.
- Processes a variety of financial transactions on member accounts including deposits, withdrawals, funds transfers loan payments, check orders, and share certificates.
- Remains cognizant of and adheres to credit union policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education certification (GED).
- MSA I - Minimum six months of relevant experience with basic teller transactions and/or cash handling
- MSA II - Minimum of six months of relevant experience with advanced/complex teller transactions)
- MSA III - Minimum of six months of relevant experience with advanced teller transactions and consumer/home equity application processing.