To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Everett, WA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
JLL • Everett, WA
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The GM is responsible for the management, supervision, and professional development of all building personnel (e.g., Chief Engineer and engineering staff, Property Administrator, etc.).
The General Manager will manage properties as directed by the property owners and in accordance with the standards and procedures of JLL. The General Manager (GM) functions as the professional-in-charge of the specific asset(s) under management. As the lead professional, the GM is responsible for all aspects of client and tenant satisfaction. The GM is responsible for working directly with the client to ensure a thorough understanding of its investment objectives and the development of acceptable property-specific strategic plans of an operating and capital budget. The GM provides excellent communication (both written and verbal) to both building owners and tenants to ensure an ongoing, successful relationship.
- Develops, gains consensus for, and implements the Management Plan for assigned assets.
- Assist in completing the Management Audit.
- Supports Leasing Specialist in the preparation of lease and/or rental agreements and is responsible for lease administration process. Assist in managing tenant option rights and information.
- Employs or contracts for onsite management and engineering personnel, as delineated within the operating budget, management plan and/or management services agreement.
- Competitively bids and prepares all service contracts to assure high quality and cost effective services.
- Identify and initiate process improvements for all current property systems.
- Oversees completion of monthly, quarterly, and annual owner’s reports.
- Prepare and/or review the annual jurisdictional forms and filings as required.
- Prepares the final budget documentation (i.e., explanatory notes.) Plans and administers budget for the office building(s).
- Works with Client Accounting Services (CAS) in Westmont, IL to manage the accounting process and directs on-site bookkeeping functions and collection process.
- Prepares and/or reviews adjustments to tenant billing process.
- Reviews and approves all accounts payable, ensuring accurate general ledge coding and property allocations.
- Prepares and/or reviews financial statements and reports on status of office buildings such as occupancy rates and dates of expiration of leases.
- Prepares and/or reviews financial reports for client on monthly, quarterly and annual basis complying with requirements in management services agreement, with copy to the Group Manager.
CLIENT | TENANT SERVICES
- Arranges for alterations to, or maintenance, upkeep, or reconditioning of facilities as specified in the operating budget, management plan and/or management services agreement and of leased premises as dictated by lessee's agreement.
- Maintains role as a secondary contact for tenants relative to tenant service requests.
- Proactively meets with tenant representatives on scheduled basis.
- Oversees Tenant Guide for property and services.
- Prepares and/or reviews periodic inventory of building contents and property condition, and forwards listing to client for review.
- Develop and implement a tenant retention program.
- Cross-sells all Jones Lang LaSalle services.
- Establishes written goals and objectives for employees directly reporting to the role of general manager. Conducts periodic formal and informal performance evaluations.
- Develops training program and career path for property employees.
- Assures succession planning.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates or Bachelor degree required and advanced degree, a plus.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of commercial real estate or property management experience
- Must have at least three (3) to four (4) year experience at managing people; specifically a staff of three (3) or more.
- Experience in budget preparation/financial reporting, familiarity with building systems, lease negotiation, documentation and administration.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- LEED AP/Accreditation required within the first six months of assuming the position. Must maintain active accreditation once earned.
- Real Estate license required within the first six months of assuming the position. Must maintain active license once earned.
- CPM and/or RPA designation, desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret legal documents (lease documents, claims of lien, etc.)
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior level management, clients, customers, peers and the general public.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, prorations, percentages, basic calculation of measurement of rent, parking fees, late fees, and volume.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office/Suite, and any other software program or piece of technology identified as standard for Jones Lang LaSalle or requested by the Client.
PHYSICAL WORK REQUIREMENTS / CONDITIONS
In compliance with The American’s with Disabilities Act (ADA), the General Manager’s responsibilities are such that in order to perform the required work in a safe and satisfactory manner, the following minimum physical requirements apply:
- Is regularly required to sit for long periods of time.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Reading Video Display Terminals, order forms and other written documents.
- Lifting a minimum of thirty-five (35) pounds.
- Using and accessing stairwells during emergencies.
- Using keyboards for typing and computer input.
- Hearing, speaking and answering the office telephone system.
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. A Fortune 500 company, JLL helps real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. In 2016, JLL had revenue of $6.8 billion and fee revenue of $5.8 billion and, on behalf of clients, managed 4.4 billion square feet, or 409 million square meters, and completed sales acquisitions and finance transactions of approximately $145 billion. At the end of the second quarter of 2017, JLL had nearly 300 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 80,000. As of June 30, 2017, LaSalle Investment Management had $57.6 billion of real estate under asset management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of teamwork, ethics and excellence. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract and develop the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
• A LinkedIn "Top Company: Where the World Wants to Work Now"
• A “best company to work for” in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
• World’s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
• America’s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
• #1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm’s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm’s information technology are expected to follow the firm’s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL’s commitment to equal opportunity.
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see JLL's Global Privacy Statement or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please view our Equal Opportunity and Information Security disclaimers here.