Petroplan is currently accepting applications for a Desktop Support Technician to join a market leading Oil Field Service company.
This opportunity will be located in Bartlesville, OK, Monday through Friday and will be a long term contract.
- Provides resolution to all desktop support requests.
- Configures, troubleshoots, isolates, repairs, and resolves all customer desktop issues including desktop/laptop hardware and software, mobile devices, printer, scanners, copiers, hardware peripherals and other desktop related equipment.
- Troubleshoots and repair desktop computers to ensure they interconnect seamlessly with multiple systems including network drives and all business productivity applications.
- Communicates directly with customers via phone, e-mail and remote diagnostics to identify, reproduce and resolve customer reported issues.
- Works independently to troubleshoot all support requests and follow escalation policies.
- Participates in testing, documentation and implementation of assigned projects.
- Responsible for tracking hardware inventory per division policies along with running and terminating infrastructure cabling between workstations and communication closets.
Required and Preferred Skills and Experience
- Entry level, typically 0-3 years of experience.
- Provides technical and/or administrative support.
- Demonstrates the ability to learn terminology, applications and standard procedures for performing the job function.
- Performs routine, basic office/field tasks using established procedures.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects in over forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national corporations, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information on how Petroplan can help you, please feel free to visit our About Us page here; URL blocked - click to apply
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)