To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Shakopee, MN 55372
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Mystic Lake Casino Hotel • Shakopee, MN
Posted 1 month ago
Responsibilities under the Family Advocate position include general advocacy for SMSC families; provide general social services or emergency assistance to any Native American family living within the service area of Scott County; provide client outreach for families in crisis; coordinate the holiday giving program; and administer group and individual parenting education. Maintain ethical and therapeutic relationships and adhere to strict confidentiality of all programs and client information. This position is also responsible for overseeing the UA process to include developing and utilizing a random call in system, observing drug screen urinalysis tests and processing them for the lab. As appropriate, assist Child Welfare Officer with client case services such as supervising visits, transporting clients, and other case management duties.
- Primary responsibility to observe UA's for drug screens and process the paperwork and samples for the lab
- Provide client outreach for families in crisis.
- Assist child welfare officer with client case services, including but not limited to, supervising visits, home visits, transportation and case monitoring.
- Provide social services, education, information and referrals for Native Americans living in the SMSC Community and Scott County service area.
- Administer emergency services programs.
- Administer group and individual parenting education.
- Maintain accurate records and statistical reports.
- Coordinate holiday giving program, along with other community initiatives.
- All other duties as assigned by the Director of Children and Family Services or SMSC Business Council or as described in grant funding goals and objectives.