Kforce is assisting a client in the Tampa, Florida (FL) area who is seeking a Staff Accountant - Compliance.
The Compliance Accountant position is responsible for assistance in the creation of accurate and timely payroll tax filing records for HR and its clients. Duties include performing a variety of clerical and bookkeeping tasks and applying accepted procedures to the preparation and maintenance of accounting records such as Balance Sheet Reconciliations, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable. When government financial auditors request financial information, the compliance accountant assists in compiling all information in coordination with the Controller. This position also formulates Federal and State departmental responses and other miscellaneous tasks related to accounting.
- Charged with being a primary communication conduit between HR and governmental divisions; Having comprehensive knowledge of reporting requirements; Responsible for researching accounting concerns/solutions, and participating in the resolution; Assure that accounting practices comply with government accounting regulations
- Prepares payroll and tax information on behalf of HR and its clients, and verifies resulting tax payments as required; Completes payroll tax deposits and quarterly tax filings; Audits and proofs reports and records for clerical accuracy, completion, and conformance to company procedures; File taxes so that all requirements are met; Conform with and abide by all Federal and State regulations, as well as corporate policies, work procedures and instructions
- Offers support in reviewing records of accounts and input entries into proper accounts; Assist with development and implementation of proper custody of financial records; making use of current technologies
- Assumes other duties as assigned by Controller and Company Executives
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting; and two years of related experience; or High School diploma or its equivalent, including coursework in Bookkeeping and Computer Science; and three to five years of progressive accounting experience involving advanced record keeping; or equivalent combination of education and experience if requisite skills are demonstrated
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.