To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Southaven, MS 38672
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Assistant Business Controller- Contract Logistics
Kuehne + Nagel • Southaven, MS
Posted 2 months ago
Assistant Business Controller- Contract Logistics | Southaven, MS | req45613
• Independently process month end closing procedures to ensure accurate revenue and cost recognition, while managing any balance sheet exposures
• Responsible for the financial integrity/accuracy of the monthly results
• Drive continuous improvement of financial reporting regarding data quality, completeness, and relevancy
• Provide the DCM/GM with tools to prepare an accurate forecast
• Prepare financial reports for both local and central management
• Ensure compliance with internal guidelines in all financial matters such as credit control, billing, accounts receivable, purchasing, accounts payable, accruals, and deferrals
• Oversee purchase order process to ensure compliance with internal guidelines while driving process improvements
• Prepare and distribute daily/weekly P&L files
• Ensure accuracy of statistical information (i.e. client P&L accuracy, space, etc.)
• Work with Sites (DCM’s and Local Finance) to develop financial knowledge, both general accounting knowledge and K+N specific standards/systems
• Participate in on-site customer meetings and work closely with customer on daily basis to provide any requested info
• Provide the tools and coordinate the yearly Budget-Target process
• Assist in preparation of individual and consolidated forecasts and analysis of financial results in conjunction with Distribution Center Managers/General Managers, Geographical Director, and Business Controller
• Monitor business development in terms of productivities, volumes, costs, and budget to actual variances
• Monitor and report financial KPI performance
• Support the Distribution Center Manager’s (DCMs) or General Managers (GMs) in all financial matters
• Involved with reviewing pricing and solutions for new business, ensuring accurate cost data and
• Various Ad hoc projects
Investments / CAPEX:
• Prepare business justification requests for investments and new leases/lease extension including analysis of financial impact, highlighting risks
• Support purchasing decisions; ascertain areas of cost reduction to optimize purchasing decisions
• Prepare Business Investment Applications (BIAs) for new business opportunities
• Monitor investment budget via post investment analysis utilizing Budget Tracker
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
• At a minimum, Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
• MBA preferred, but not required
• Minimum of 5+ years working experience in Finance or Site Controlling environment.
• Experience in logistics, distribution, or warehouse environment
Knowledge and Skills
• Self-starter with excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Taking complex financial data and transposing into a clear overview for Non-Financial team members
• In depth understanding of financial and accounting concepts
• Ability to relay financial information to non-financial personnel
• Ability to operate in a matrix environment and to effectively communicate at multiple levels within the business
• Should have very strong operational knowledge related to MS Office (Excel, Excess, Word, PowerPoint), and Monarch
• Basic understanding of Contract Logistics business
• High standards of confidentiality to handle sensitive information
• Ability to work overtime as needed
• Ability to travel between sites (Memphis and Southaven)
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies.
Kuehne + Nagel Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, uniform service, protected veteran status or disability, or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law with respect to employment opportunities.