To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dallas, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
GAF Materials Corporation • Dallas, TX
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We have an opening for an Industrial Maintenance Technician (Millwright) at our Dallas, Texas manufacturing facility. This position consists of repairing and maintaining all production and facility equipment, installing new equipment, and performing preventive maintenance tasks. The qualified candidate will be an experienced Industrial Maintenance Technician (Millwright) who is skilled in a variety of disciplines, including metal working (e.g., pipe fitting, welding, brazing), carpentry, precision alignment, power transmission, and electrical. Proficiency in reading mechanical/electrical prints as well as pneumatic and hydraulic schematics.
- Adhere to all Safety policies and maintain a safe working environment.
- Safely operates a variety of machines and power tools including: metal lathes, milling machines, pneumatic hammers, drills, grinders, gas and electric welders, cutting torches and other power tools.
- Perform adjustments and/or repairs to equipment to ensure delivery of Quality product.
- Repairs down machines quickly while following all safety guidelines and best practices. Identifies potential problems and notifies supervisor to correct deficiencies found.
- Performs mechanical repair, installation, maintenance, carpentry, and pipefitting.
- Performs basic to intermediate electrical repair, installation, and maintenance on systems from 24VDC to 480VAC.
- Demonstrates effective troubleshooting using mechanical and electrical test and diagnostic equipment.
- Utilizes precision maintenance practices including shaft and roll alignment.
- Diagnoses actual or potential problems, makes the necessary repairs, and test runs new and or repaired machinery. Lubricates and performs preventive maintenance on all equipment.
- Welds and solders all types of materials.
- Creates and updates work orders using Maximo or equivalent computer software.
- Communicates effectively using both written and electronic methods. Communicates openly and honestly with production operators and all supervisors to maintain focus on the primary objective of exceeding customer needs and quality satisfaction at or above the planned production rates.
- Promotes and exhibits good housekeeping practices.
- Assists with the update of SOPs, JSAs, PMs, Job Plans, and Centerlining documents.
- Climbs and works in difficult positions throughout the plant.
- Must successfully complete forklift, scissor lift, and other mobile industrial vehicle certifications.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Must be 18 years or older.
- High School diploma or GED. Technical college preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in related field, with continuous operation experience a plus.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common information, reports and other documents. Ability to effectively present information to co-workers and members of management.
- Ability to utilize computer based systems for work orders and shift reports.
- Employee is regularly required to walk, stand for long periods of time, bend, squat, reach and turn to perform duties. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers, grasp, handle, feel or maneuver tools and parts.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment skills test, drug test and physical exam.
- Able to work overtime including weekends/holidays when scheduled.