Ranked #15 on the 2019 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
Financial Planning & Analysis Manager will support Building and Construction business line by providing business advisory and partnership to drive revenue and profit growth in the assigned business lines with focus on free cash flow generation. Duties:
• Provide financial and operational reporting, analysis and decision-making support to business line management including pricing, cost, cash flow, capital and return of investments
• Partner with shared service and accounting teams to complete month end close.
• Work with operational groups to review results and drive improvement
• Develop models to be used by management and operational groups to analyze business
• Work with operational and accounting teams to review results during the month end close process
• Review existing workflows and identify potential areas of process improvement
• Carry out monthly financial reporting, including preparation of MD&A, variance explanation, bridging, mix and margin analysis, and recommendations for performance improvement
• Lead/Participate in periodic business review meetings to discuss financial performance, operational and financial KPIs, growth initiatives, contingency plan, and outlook
• Provide financial support to strategic, operational and tactical plans with a clear understanding of the business levers such as suppliers, customers, and competition
• Work with collection and accounts payable management to analyze results and identify areas of working capital improvement.
• Prepare annual budget, quarterly outlook, and monthly forecast. Lead/participate in long range plan process
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting /Finance
• 5+ years of related financial analysis experience
• Ability to work in a fast pace environment with tight deadlines
• Experience providing financial support to a multi-location business
• Solid understanding of accounting and capital budgeting
• Proficiency in Microsoft tools
• Strong consultative, analytical and problem solving skills
• Assertive when required, with the ability to listen and make decisions
• Excellent interpersonal/communication and presentation skills
• Know when to be detail oriented and when to have a big picture perspective
• Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently
• Must be able to prioritize projects and/or business needs based on requirements and
• Commercial and cultural awareness; cross-functional collaboration skills
• Persuasive character with the highest levels of integrity
• This role may require up to 15% travel
• CPA, CMA or MBA preferred
• Lawson, Cognos or PeopleSoft reporting system experience a plus
• Construction and/or Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) industry experience a plus
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers’ operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
LI - LM