To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cedarhurst, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Customer Service Supervisor
Apple Bank for Savings • Cedarhurst, NY
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Customer Service Supervisor
The Customer Service Supervisor ensures that the New Accounts department of the branch operates effectively, by overseeing the day to day responsibilities of its Customer Service Representative (CSR) staff, motivating employees to meet or exceed sales goals, provide exemplary client service and operate in a manner that is consistent with the policies and procedures of Apple Bank. The incumbent in this role provides instruction and training to CSRs, delegates and oversees daily work assignments, prepares schedules, maintains records, evaluates performance and analyzes new account reports. The Customer Service Supervisor performs duties related to sales operations, building long-term relationships through the identification of client financial needs and provision of appropriate product recommendations. This position maintains all departmental files and records.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Motivates, as well as monitors the performance of Customer Service Representatives, ensuring sales goals are being met and transactions are being processed in accordance with Bank policies and procedures; promotes exceptional client relations when opening accounts by rendering prompt and efficient customer service.
- Delegates and oversees daily work assignments, prepares schedules and maintains records/ departmental files.
- Trains and counsels staff; assists Branch Manager with performance appraisals.
- Serves as a contact for client problem resolution.
- Supports daily operations of the branch, including timely and efficient completion of client transactions while maintaining accurate records and ensuring the proper handling of all monies assigned.
- Provides guidance to customers regarding the opening of new accounts, explaining appropriate product and services offerings that meet their needs; gather information required to accurately and efficiently process new and existing accounts; communicate the Bank's rules and regulations covering transactions and FDIC protection.
- Promotes new business by uncovering customer financial needs and offering additional products and services; identifies opportunities to develop relationships with new, existing and prospective customers.
- Provides leadership to the Customer Service Representatives in order for them to achieve individual and branch production/revenue goals.
- Refers customers to a licensed representative of ABS Associates of NY, Inc. when appropriate.
- Access electronic financial information to answer questions related to specific accounts.
- Conducts weekly sales, service, and product knowledge meetings.
- Complies with regulatory, security and audit procedures and policies; adhere to Bank’s Code of Conduct.
- Maintains operational controls to ensure safety and security of client and Bank assets.
- Participates in special projects/assignments as assigned.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mentors newly-hired Customer Service Representatives, imparting knowledge regarding products and services that Apple Bank has to offer.
- Assists with the opening and closing of the cash vault.
- Works weekends and extended hours or at neighboring branch locations when needed.
- Ensures that the customer area is kept orderly and properly supplied (deposit and withdrawal tickets, ATM envelopes, changing rate boards, changing dates on writing desks, etc.).
- Builds and maintains technical and professional knowledge by attending educational workshops and training.
Skills, Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Senior CSR/New Accounts Representative or equivalent, plus demonstrated leadership ability in an operations area related to Bank or retail operations.
- Minimum of 1-year supervisory experience required.
- Proven history of leveraging financial products and services that provide value to the client.
- Possess strong technical skills and experience to operate teller software, Word, Excel, and other bank-related computer programs.
- Possess excellent customer relations skills and ability to communicate and work well with employees and customers in a cooperative, positive manner.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written).
- Comprehensive knowledge of interest calculations for use in dividend adjustments.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all new account operations, including CIP and BSA requirements.
- Displays thorough knowledge of Bank's rules and regulations governing accounts and services.
- Must be licensed NYS Notary Public.
- May be required to maintain a LAH License.
- Ability to meet or exceed performance objectives.
- Ability to interact with integrity and professionalism with customers and team members.
- Displays sound judgment and discretion when utilizing confidential information.
- Ability to think creatively in order to solve problems.
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental, Vision, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.