About AramarkAramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world's leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description
Position Summary: Painters are responsible for applying preparatory materials, paints, and stains to surfaces of walls, ceilings, equipment and furniture throughout assigned locations and projects. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
- Applies protective and decorative coats of paint, varnish, lacquer, and/or other related materials to interior and exterior surfaces of buildings, furniture, equipment, and other structures.
- Washes, scrapes, sands, torches, and/or smooths interior and exterior surfaces prior to painting, varnishing, lacquering or applying other related materials
- Installs, repairs, and maintains drywall, wall texturing, and ceiling acoustic texturing.
- Erects various types of scaffolding, staging, ladders, and planks to reach surfaces of work area for painters and others
- Applies paints, stains, surface preparatory materials, and undercoating materials to a variety of surfaces, as appropriate, and ensures compliance with hazardous materials guidelines.
- Determines appropriate color for new or replacement applications through consultation with customer
- Maintains existing paint surfaces through matching and tinting of appropriate paint products.
- Prepares and implements line striping layouts for streets and parking lots according to Department of Transportation and other various requirements
- Identifies, handles, and appropriately disposes of paints, stains, preparatory and undercoating materials, and other hazardous materials
- Adheres to safety policies and procedures
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
- Previous experience in painting or equivalent role required
- Proven knowledge of painting and finishing techniques
- Demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to follow safety policies and procedures due to physical risks
- Requires occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling of up to 50 lbs.