To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Akron, OH
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
General Accounting Clerk
MEGGITT • Akron, OH
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The General Accounting Clerk performs all General Accounting support procedures as required to a high standard of quality and in a timely, efficient manner.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Ensure accurate posting of financial transactions within accounts of responsibility. Prepare and journal entries into the general ledger and then validate entries for accuracy.
- Prepare schedules for Intercompany transactions; communicate with sites to reconcile discrepancies. Identify and resolve any issues that arise.
- Auditing and processing of Expense and Travel reports in accordance to the policies.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations including cash and fixed assets reconciliations. Research and analyze any unmatched and / or out of balance entries.
- Perform accounting responsibilities in SAP for asset disposals and acquisitions.
- Produce routine reports, schedules, and summaries for FSSC management.
- Identify and resolve General Accounting performance issues; escalate performance issues as appropriate to the GA Team Lead.
- Meet service level agreements (SLA’s) and performance targets related to General Accounting.
- Support period end financial closing activities for General Accounting.
Customer Relationship Responsibilities
- Serve as the initial point of contact for vendor and customer queries; Resolve any query issues according to defined policies and procedures.
- Escalate as necessary any customer issues related to queries to the GA Team Lead.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested
- One year certificate from college or technical school
- Minimum 1 year related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Recognized accounting qualification desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong business acumen and customer orientation (building and maintaining)
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building, decision-making, planning, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Extensive knowledge of analytical tools, spreadsheets and databases in the current company operating system environment (MS Office) and IT
- SAP accounting systems experience preferred
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].