To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Columbia, MD 21046
- Phone: 410-740-6207
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Staff Accountant (Billing Analyst)
Universities Space Research Association • Columbia, MD
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Staff Accountant (Billing Analyst) is mainly responsible for the preparation, review and submission of complex invoices for federal government assistance; Grants, Cooperative Agreements and contract billing types; Cost Plus, Time & Material and Firm Fixed Price.
Successful candidates will resolve complex invoicing issues that arise due to unique billing requirements, project adjustments or system issues; time and expense corrections, funding modification requests, etc. to ensure the accurate and timely delivery of invoices.
In this role, you will build and maintain working cross-functional team relationships with business management, contracts and accounts payable to provide expertise and assistance on invoicing matters. Also, assist in implementing processes and procedures that will improve efficiency and strengthen internal control.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares billings and supporting documentation for USRA awards. Coordinate sponsor billings to ensure timely and accurate processing in accordance with the terms of sponsor contracts or assistance agreements.
- Determines billing requirements for new business and submits necessary forms, completes set-up actions to bill.
- Compute and prepare drawdowns in accordance with USRA policy and 2CFR.
- Reviews project costs Costpoint for accuracy. Identifies problem areas (costs past POP, insufficient funding, unbillable costs) and work with Contracts or Finance Department to resolve
- Prepare accurate and timely federal reporting.
- Prepares final invoice/refund as necessary. Notify contracts department when project is financially closed. Identifies necessary revenue adjustments after a project has been completed.
- Analyzes unbilled report and provide reasons for unbilled variances. Reviews Accounts Receivable aging report for outstanding bills.
- Prepares closeout worksheet for each sponsor award to be closed. Identifies and resolves final draw, correction to Quarterly Federal Financial Report.
- Acts as liaison between Accounting Manager, sponsor grants officials, contracting officer, and Business Manager regarding required reporting.
- As necessary, oversee collection process of past due invoice and research and resubmit invoices that are short paid by payment offices.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field or work experience equivalent.
- 5+ government contractor billing experience
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, etc. Extensive online usage. This is largely a sedentary role.
All interested candidates must apply directly on our website at https://usracareers.silkroad.com/.
USRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity