The A/P Clerk performs a variety of accounting clerical tasks related to the maintenance/processing of payable account records/ invoices for Company’s various clients and vendors.
Work Environment/Hours of Work
The Accounts Payable Clerk is a full-time, nonexempt position reporting to the Accounting Manager. The position operates in a professional office environment. Days and hours of work are generally Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., although the ability to be flexible time-wise may be required on occasion.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Processing high volume of invoices, both from 3rd Party and Intercompany vendors, verifying accuracy, receipt of goods, and matching of documentation to include purchase orders and/or shipping documentation for multiple companies.
- Obtaining appropriate approvals for all invoices received as well as the accurate coding to include due dates and general ledger information.
- Accurate and timely data entry of all invoices into the SAP ERP database.
- Ensure the accurate payment of vendor invoices via check, wire, and/or electronic filings, and attaching appropriate remittance documentation for each vendor payment.
- Take advantage of discount opportunities by paying vendors within payment terms.
- Maintenance of all Accounts Payable files, both electronic and physical.
- Research any discrepancies and respond to all Accounts Payable inquiries from vendors, management, and other members of the organization.
- Managing the Accounts Payable monthly closing procedures.
- Process customer wire payments on a daily basis ensuring accurate payment of all transactions.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Education and Work Experience
- 1 - 3 years’ experience with Accounts Payable.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent required.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered.
- Experience with automated accounting programs and systems
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must possess proficient ability to communicate in English in oral and written format
- Ability to apply discretion and trust with confidential material
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial data
- Ability to effectively apply analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time managing skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Accounts Payable
- Data Entry