Provides a variety of administrative support to the Legal and Land Departments in Houston, Texas. Performs a variety of functions with regard to Legal and Land projects and project management. Maintains records and files for projects and ensures company records are properly saved pursuant to Calpine's document management policy.
Prepares and keeps track of engagement letters, conflict waivers for outside counsel. Processes daily incoming and outgoing mail. Manages calendars, coordinates meetings, books travel arrangements and plans events. Prepares a variety of reports and expense reports frequently using Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Prepares Federal Express documents. Is a self-starter and demonstrates the ability to effectively manage the workflow and priorities of the attorneys and other professionals in a fast-paced environment. May handle a wide variety of situations and conflicts involving administrative functions of the office. Has strong writing skills and attention to detail.
1. Provide administrative support to attorneys in the Legal Department, which includes tracking and reporting outside counsel expense and usage information; document preparation and transmittal; and letter drafting and editing.
2. Data Entry and report generation of Land Agreements, including but not limited to Leases, Easements and Rights of Way, into Calpine's document management database.
3. Printing, filing and organization of legal and land documents.
4. Prepare purchase orders and coordinate internal teams to ensure timely hiring of contractors and payments to be made to stakeholders and landowners
5. With limited guidance, prioritizes and executes responsibilities; checks own work and possibly the work of others.
6. Exercises discretion and judgment, and priorities requests from multiple departments. Regularly adapts to new procedures, processes and techniques. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
7. Contacts are both internal and external, may be required to represent management and coordinate complex activities/projects.
8. Regularly works with sensitive and confidential information
9. Manage the rights and obligations set forth in company contracts with third parties.
10. May provide skills training and direction to others
11. Other tasks related to land and legal matters as needed.
1. Associate's Degree, Technical/Business School equivalent
2. Typically requires 5 years' experience, including advanced support skills and extensive knowledge of tools, software and other technologies
3. Notary in the State of Texas preferred
4. Previous Legal or Land experience, particularly at a large law firm, preferred
5. Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task essential. Strong written and verbal communication skills together with good interpersonal skills.
6. Proficient in Microsoft applications, tools, and organizational processes; including Office, Power Point, Exceland, Landworks (or similar) software, preferred. Ideal candidate works well with others, has a strong sense of team, anticipates the needs of attorney team and proactively takes steps to maintain positive, effective work environment. Location: Houston, TX
Additional Calpine Information:
* Vaccination Information: Calpine requires an individual who is newly hired into this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 within the first 28 days of employment - if not already vaccinated prior to starting employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Calpine's HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Calpine does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
* Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
* Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Legal and Land Admin
. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here
- Attention To Detail
- Data Entry