Alion has been providing modeling and simulation software to the Navy Service Program for over 20 years, and the exciting work we do for this customer keeps growing with new and continued demand for our state-of-the-art modeling and simulation software that allows Navy sailors to simulate actual warfare scenarios. The demands for Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and sophisticated Cloud technologies requires that we rise to the challenge to meet the need for years to come. Come be part of this challenging, exciting software development opportunity! Read on for more details:
The Navy Continuous Training Environment (NCTE) FST at Sea Engineer is a member of the NCTE Mission Engineering Functional Area staff in support of Live, Virtual, and Constructive (LVC) training events, the Navy Training Baseline (NTB), and the NCTE. The FST at Sea Engineer installs, maintains, and troubleshoots temporary (non-permanent change) fiber installations on ships that enable ship training system participation in distributed LVC training events.
The FST at Sea Engineer also provides expert operational and technical knowledge with regard to Aegis and Ship Self Defense System (SSDS) training system interfaces while in a distributed, synthetic training environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot FST at Sea non-permanent change (NPC) installations on U.S. Navy cruisers, destroyers, carriers, and amphibious ships.
- Investigate Aegis and SSDS shipboard capabilities and limitations as they relate to NCTE training interfaces
- Draft point papers, presentations and other correspondence related to ship training system issues
- Attend meetings as directed by NSWC Corona and the assigned NCTE staff.
Education and Experience
- Work experience may be adjusted based on education, or highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience for positions involving new technology or labor market shortages as reflected by market survey data. Bachelor's degree + 2 years shipboard combat systems and training system interfaces preferred. Educational requirements may be adjusted for 6 + years shipboard combat systems and training system interfaces.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities preferred
- Prior Navy experience while assigned to a ship(s) with understanding of various ship spaces as well as onboard command structure for effective coordination of FST at Sea engineering work. Examples include but not limited to: Combat Systems Coordinator (CSC), Air Warfare Coordinator (AWC), Missiles Systems Supervisor (MSS), Training Supervisor (TRASUP) or Tactical Action Officer (TAO)
- Proficient with the BFTT KG-175 encryption device operation including configuration setup and troubleshooting preferred.
- Possesses working knowledge of the NCTE Shipboard Connectivity Suite (SCS) and equipment performance within a distributed training event or exercise.
- Possesses working knowledge of JSAF/NCTE and combat system requirements to support distributed training architectures and/or other M&S experience
- Ability to lead an Alteration Installation Team (AIT) and familiarization with installation requirements as well as check-in and check-out procedures at the Regional Maintenance and Modernization Coordination Offices (RMMCO)
- Possess the ability to provide technical project leadership, establish milestones, estimate resources, and other project management skills.
- Possess the ability to trace/troubleshoot fiber optic, polishing of fiber tips, as well as us various testing methods to validate fiber connectivity.
- Proficient with BFTT and ACTS operations, to include training system set up utilizing latest CSOSS procedures and familiarity with training system deltas among various ship baselines (BMD, Non-BMD, and SSDS).
- COMPTIA Security + Certification
- COMPTIA Linux + Certification
- NAVSEA Fiber Optic Certifications - Navy Shipboard Fiber Optic Certification with minimum certification level of QA/ Supervisor
- Must currently hold and be able to maintain a US Secret clearance
Security Clearance: Secret
Telework - Not Eligible
- Installations (Computer Systems)
- Product Quality Assurance
- Installations (Manual/Mechanical)
- Complex Problem Solving