Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
1615 Moores Street
Leeds, AL 35094
A hands-on shop floor-based engineering role. Oversee and troubleshoot daily manufacturing processes while pursuing continuous improvement in areas such as scrap reduction and productivity increases while minimizing cost. Processes will include, but not be limited to, the following areas: machining, fabrication equipment, mechanical and hydraulic presses, robots, core machines, furnaces, molding machines. Provide PLC troubleshooting and programming support for various pieces of equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Through the use of lean engineering tools, design and optimize manufacturing processes for the improvement of existing products and the introduction of new ones.
- Develop, implement and manage scrap reduction initiatives.
- Create new standard work instructions and documentation.
- Observes machines and equipment for malfunction and works in tandem with maintenance team to troubleshoot issues.
- Assist in developing and implementing cost reduction initiatives through continuous improvement (kaizen) events
- Participate in, and at times, lead capital improvement projects
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a manufacturing or process engineering floor-support role.
- Continuous improvement and lean experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with the maintenance of manufacturing equipment controls, HMI, and processes
- Knowledge of fabrication, presses, and machining equipment
- Knowledge of tooling
- Allen Bradley PLC programming and troubleshooting experience preferred
- Siemens PLC programming and troubleshooting experience preferred but not required
Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Product Quality Assurance
Engineering Design Process