To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Los Angeles, CA 91406
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Mental Health Clinician I - Clinical Supervisor PITCHESS Jail Health Services
SFV Community Mental Health • Los Angeles, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Travel - None
A NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION PROVIDING MENTAL HEALTH SOLUTIONS
Provide onsite field based and direct and indirect services including initial substance abuse/ mental health assessment, plan development, case management services, crisis intervention. Be part of multi-disciplinary treatment team that assessed and provides substance abuse services including individual and group services for clients according to program requirements and clients level of need. Must have knowledge of DSM -5 diagnostic system and SAPC documentation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide direct and indirect client services.
2. Participate in a team approach and services provided at Pitchess Detention Center, including: assessment and evaluation of assigned clients, supervise Certified Chemical Dependency Staff and Peer Recovery Specialists. Determine individual’s strengths, needs and resources. Assess client’s level of awareness of substance use disorder, psychosocial impairment, self-care potential, family and support network, independent living needs, financial status, educational, employment or training needs, and social/recreational needs. Develop and coordinate service plans.
3. Conduct comprehensive substance abuse screenings, psychosocial assessments at intake in order to provide appropriate services.
4. Complete all documentation within mandated time frames and in compliance with county, state, and Center guidelines.
5. Assist clients in developing relapse prevention plans, independent living skills, and resources including social/recreational, vocational or educational goals, needed to implement and achieve goals of the individual service plan.
6. Provide crisis intervention and supervision to staff—intervene with the client/others at the onset of a crisis to provide support and assistance in problem resolution and to coordinate the care or arrange for the provision of other needed services.
7. Provide assistance to the Program Manager as needed. To include: leading program case consultations when Program Manager is unavailable to do so, complete SAPC documentation and weekly reporting and maintain reasonable communication with outside agency departments (i.e. LASD, Probation Department. SAPC, etc.).
8. Support all clinical staff when needed with clinical interventions, crisis management and client needs.
10. Will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team; participate in staff and clinical meetings and community meetings as assigned.
11. Will perform other duties as necessary.
Master’s Degree in Behavioral Health
BBS Registered as an ACSW or MFT-I
Minimum of two years’ experience with substance abuse population and behavioral health care; experience with forensic, substance abuse population or chronic mentally ill preferred. Knowledge of DSM-5 required. Co- occurring Chemical dependency/mental health experience preferred.
1. Must act in accordance with all Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996 and related state law confidentiality requirements. Must successfully complete the Center’s HIPAA training, pass the HIPAA test, and receive the Certification of Compliance.
2. Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
3. Interacting with other employees at work is an essential function of the job.
4. Arriving at work on time and not leaving early is an essential function of the job.
5. Must have a good driving record and must be insurable by the Center’s insurance company.
6. Must successfully pass the Los Angeles Sherriff’s Department background application and be receive clearance to participate in in-custody services at Pitchess Detention Center.
Job ID: 0R30936247
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.