Medical Science & Computing (MSC), a Dovel company, is an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission critical scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a distinguished history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government agencies. MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transit Assistance and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing, professional service and technology focused organization, please apply today!
Duties & Responsibilities
Medical Science & Computing is searching for a Science Writer to support the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC and is on-campus at the NIH in Bethesda, MD.
Research, develop, and generate standard and custom reports from various human capital systems. Assist customers with workforce management system ad hoc reporting tools (i.e., workforce management system report builder). Generate customized datasets for unique ad hoc report requests.
- Write recommendation memos and other justification documents for scientific positions.
- Collaborate with NIH scientific and administrative leadership on policy interpretation and implementation.
- Work products and documents related to providing recommendations guidance on Title 42 and policies, procedures, and requirements at meetings with senior level and program level managers, and via telephone and email.
- Provide advice and guidance to Case Development Specialists on PI retirements.
- Provide coverage of case work for Case Development Specialists as needed.
- Prepare a wide variety of briefing materials and complex scientific summaries on a broad range of diseases and research areas.
- Develop specialized materials covering highly complex subject matter areas for various purposes and audiences.
- Provide advice and conduct reviews of multiple materials prepared by other DIR division staff.
- Develop scientific and technical materials regarding DIRs research programs and activities as well as scientific accomplishments.
- Perform business analysis of personnel action tracking tools and determine next steps.
- Identify tools/software to improve operations in committee and meeting management area.
- Draft and review award nominations.
- Draft and review memos and salary benchmarks in support of T42, T38 and SBRS appointments, conversions, and pay adjustments.
- Review Livelink workflows to provide quality assurance for appointments, conversions, and pay adjustments.
- Draft memos and analyze workforce data in support of DIR special projects.
- Provide advice and guidance to Case Development Specialist on HHS/NIH/NIAID policies related to personnel authorities.
- Ph.D. in Biological Sciences or related scientific discipline.
- Three years of relevant writing and editing experience in a relevant field of science strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of principles of immunologic research or biomedical preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills and ability to collect, analyze, and present data.
- Advanced MS Office application skills.
- Experience supporting Director-level staff.
- Ability to apply scientific expertise and knowledge of biomedical research methods.
- High degree of initiative and personal judgment.
- Familiarity with the NIH organizational structure, its goals, objectives, programs, and policies desired.
Medical Science & Computing (MSC), a Dovel company, is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.