HollyFrontier located in Artesia, NM is seeking a Process Engineer. The Process Engineer conducts engineering duties for an assigned Engineering discipline and functions as a technical specialist, formulating and developing advanced engineering concepts.
This position is not eligible for International Relocation Program benefits.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
- Provides discipline specific engineering assistance, direction and development assistance to colleagues
- Solves technical problems related to projects and troubleshoots and updates report data for business unit(s)
- Upgrades, designs, configures, maintains and monitors related equipment and performance
- Analyzes related components and systems, processes and methods, and refinery processes and economics
- Develops project scopes, budgets and AFE’s for approval and ensures projects meet budget as well as refinery and OSHA standards
- Ensures the maintenance and integrity of business unit(s) data
- Optimizes business unit(s) and analyzes data to aid operations with decisions
- Researches and stays abreast of assigned discipline subjects, innovations and leading edge developments
- Develops systems to document and track the testing and assist in the maintenance of the various systems
- Coordinate, facilitate and document Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), and participate in and facilitate incident investigations
- Provide training on PHA and Incident Investigation facilitation and general training on Management Of Change (MOC), incident investigations, PHA’s and Pre-start up Safety Reviews (PSSR)
- Participate in, facilitate and support Process Safety related audits and Layers Of Protection Analysis (LOPA) reviews and assist in Process Safety action items solution development
- Update the Refinery Risk Management Program (RMP) as needed
- Design plant equipment and devise processes for manufacturing chemicals and products
- Conduct research to develop new and improved product manufacturing processes
- Design and plan layout for product processes on a commercial scale
- Determine most effective arrangement of operations
- Implement processing methods and controls to meet quality standards in the most cost efficient manner
- Investigate and resolve work-in-process problems
- Recommend and implement improvements and/or modification in sequence of operations, equipment utilization, and related matters
- Review proposals of outside vendors regarding the purchase of new or modernization of existing processing equipment
- Assist with clean fuel projects
- Improve profitability of the refinery
- Design and build plant additions and modifications
- Act as a liaison between the company and county and state and/or other agencies
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion
A minimum of five years of progressive work experience in a specific engineering discipline. A strong understanding of basic refinery processes and the elements of process safety is required for Process Safety Engineering discipline. Emphasis on power distribution and controls engineering is required of the electrical discipline depending on assignment.
Professional Engineer registration is preferred. Refinery or petrochemical industry experience preferred. Some or all of FCC, CCR, Alky, Sulfur unit, Delayed Coking, Lubes Processing and hydrotreating experience is preferred for Chemical discipline depending on assignment.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline is required.
Ability to manage a project is essential. Working knowledge of commonly used engineering concepts and ability to apply this knowledge analytically. Ability to stay abreast of new technology developments and processes is essential. Ability to communicate effectively with others, strong verbal communication skills, advanced level of reading and writing, ability to perform advanced mathematical calculations. Advanced ability to work effectively with multiple groups throughout the refinery. Strong spreadsheet and word processing applications knowledge; strong interpersonal, time-management and organizational skills; ability to provide training to multiple groups on a variety of applicable assigned discipline topics. Knowledge of various process hazard analysis and root cause analysis methodologies is required for Process Safety Engineering discipline.
Working knowledge of and experience with engineering software is preferred.
May be responsible for the supervision of personnel as well as contractors.
Office and plant based with up to 10% travel required. Subject to varying weather conditions and required to work in all temperatures, including outdoors.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our primary values at HollyFrontier are to put health and safety first and to care about the environment. All HollyFrontier employees are expected to work safely every day and be safety & environmental leaders. This includes active participation in the following:
- Stops and/or reports any unsafe work or conditions
- Follows safety & environmental policies and procedures
- Supports safety & environmental goals and initiatives
- Participates in safety & environmental meetings, training, emergency drills and hazard recognition programs
- Reports all accidents, injuries and near misses, and participates in associated investigations
- Participates in industrial hygiene, medical surveillance and behavior based safety programs
About HollyFrontier Corporation
HollyFrontier Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is an independent petroleum refiner and marketer that produces high value light products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel and other specialty products. HollyFrontier owns and operates refineries located in Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico and Utah and markets its refined products principally in the Southwest U.S., the Rocky Mountains extending into the Pacific Northwest and in other neighboring Plains states. In addition, HollyFrontier produces base oils and other specialized lubricants in the U.S., Canada and Netherlands, and exports products to more than 80 countries. HollyFrontier also owns a 57% limited partner interest and a non-economic general partner interest in Holly Energy Partners, L.P., a master limited partnership that provides petroleum product and crude oil transportation, terminalling, storage and throughput services to the petroleum industry, including HollyFrontier Corporation subsidiaries.
Join HollyFrontier Corporation where you have the opportunity to develop and own your career!
HollyFrontier Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.